Monday, July 18, 2005

The Indigo Girls ROCK!

Last night I went to The Indigo Girls concert at the Oregon Zoo. It was AWESOME. Despite the waiting in line in 90 degree heat to get our bags checked, once we were in and settled, it was the greatest time!

My beautiful, wonderful, gracious, sweet, friend Angie got to the zoo at 1:00 in the afternoon and saved a spot in the very front, center. Have I mentioned how great she is?

The opening band, Girlyman, was very, very good. I bought a copy of their CD and had it signed.
The Indigo Girls were the BEST! Really good show, and we had lots and lots of fun.
IMG_0732 IMG_0733 IMG_0734
My friends, Darcy and Amy, My former LBCG and myself (I'm wearing the very cutest sundress ever,) and my friends Heidi and Angie (the cool one who saved our spot.

Below is a photo of the Indigo Girls. Of course, photography was prohibited, so I have no idea who this photo ended up here, cuz I certainly didn't take it...
IMG_0738
Emily is wearing an AC/DC Back in Black t-shirt.
I now need to obtain one of those.

It was a fun filled night, great music, good food and drink and great weather.
What could be better?

8 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Well thank GOD. I was about worried to death.
I am soooo glad you had a fabulous time. The sundress is lovely!
Let's see...what else..
OH, I booked my flight in case you haven't seen your email yet AND I will get you one of those AC/DC t's..I just saw them at TARGET on lunch..very fucking cool.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I saw my e-mail, I'm so excited. Emily shops at Target? Excellent!
I'm booking my flight as soon as I get back from the dentist, see next post!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Lovely photos, and I'm *so* jealous of your concert outing. All your friends look totally awesome, including your LBCG.

Only one 'beg2differ' here... Amy is TOTALLY hotter than Emily, any day of the week. But if you like Em so much you can have her... leaving Amy ALL TO ME. *score* :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:51:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

glad i can put a name to a face now!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I know this will be surprising, but I LOVE THE INDIGO GIRLS. They are so much fun to see! Lately every time we see them, the opening band is Cordero, who I can't stand. Glad you enjoyed Girlyman- I'll check them out!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:10:00 PM  
Blogger Torrie said...

I've seen the I.G. MANY times. They are AWESOME.
I met Amy. She is HOT.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

WW: I know their going to be in Atlanta next month, I looked on their calendar, you should road trip up!

TJ: I like Amy too, but probably if I had my pick, I'd want to date Emily...she's so cute.

Danielle: thanks!

Charlotte: What kind of lesbian would you BE if you didn't like the Indigo Girls???

torrie: lucky girl for meeting Amy!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:35:00 AM  
Blogger biscuit said...

wish I had known you were going to see the girls.. I love to mess with their merch girl by having random bloggers tell her biscuit said hello.. it confuses the hell out of her.. she's a sweetie though and I always get a very confused phone call out of it.. it's random fun for all involved.. LOVE girlyman!
glad you had a good time.. I know is was a bit warm at the old zoo..
:)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home