Saturday, May 28, 2005

A couple of things to say...

None of them are really all that interesting but I feel the NEED to BLOG!

I will be heading out to my Glamorous Waitressing Job today where I will work two doubles in a row. There I will deal with crazy people and be on my feet all fucking day long. In the middle of the day I will take a break and have lunch and maybe later I'll smoke a cigarette with my new friend Denise, who now reads my blog, (Hi Denise!)

Denise, so far, is NOT one of the crazy people that I work with at my Glamorous Waitressing Job. If she turns out to be, I'll be sure to tell you. Denise reminds me of a gal who used to work for me years ago named Jolene. I always like Jolene, and I believe I have transferred my liking of Jolene to my liking of Denise because they remind me of each other.

I don't know what happened to Jolene.

Yesterday I took my fucking barking dog to the vet. It actually wasn't so bad, I was expecting far worse. Turns out Macy (my fucking barking dog,) has a tooth issue (again,) and needs to have oral surgery (again,) to probably remove the rest of her remaining eight teeth. Yes, I will have a toothless dog; not to be confused with a hairless cat. I don't have one of those.

So, several hundred dollars later, she is scheduled to have her surgery tomorrow where there is a chance she will DIE during it. Yes, I said she might DIE. I'm not being heartless or insensitive here, I am being realistic. She is OLD, fourteen years old, and she has to go under the knife. She is already a bit compromised because she has a heart murmur and possibly a kidney issue. It's not pretty. The vet, (a very nice "family" member,) was very straight with me, (except that she's not,) about the possibility that Macy might not pull through, but really there is nothing else to do. She's been barking and driving me crazy probably because she's in pain, and I didn't know, because I thought she was crazy. Which she probably is that too. So, now Macy is on pain med's and anti-biotics and we'll see what tomorrow brings. She'll either get better or she'll die. I hope she gets better, she really is a nice dog when she isn't barking all of the fucking time.

The other thing I wanted to blog about, which seems strange after writing about how my dog might die tomorrow, is pop-tarts.

My kids have rarely had pop-tarts because they contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil, and we don't eat that shit because it will fucking kill you.

So the other day, I'm shopping at Trader Joes, (which BTW, I heard someone in blogland was DISSING on TJ's and I don't like hearing that shit,) and as I'm buying organic cocoa puffs, I spy ORGANIC POP TARTS. How cool is that? So I buy a box and bring them home to try out on the kiddies. They fucking love them! and you know what, SO DO I!

I'm addicted to organic pop-tarts and I am so fucking happy. So far, I've only tried strawberry and apple, they are GOOOOD!

Well, I'm off; it's time to hit the showers and go serve people high quality food and a bit of nurturing entertainment from the Recovering Straight Girl.

Have a good weekend all!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jolene aka Fifi, moved to Seattle with her boyfriend. Can you believe BOYFRIEND...I was sure she was a dyke!

I hope Macy will be Okay.

I hope I don't die from Pop Tart intake. It is probably too late to save me though:(

Shelly

Saturday, May 28, 2005 1:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - good luck with Macy tomorrow.

I wish you much money on the doubles (a friend of mine says when I say that to him, he makes more money than he expected, so I'll see if my little spell works on you too ;-)

and lol @ the organic pop tarts. And people who don't like Trader Joe's just suck.

Saturday, May 28, 2005 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

I hope your doggie is ok. If and when my cat dies, I'm gonna be a wreck. She's my only daily companion who gives me unconditional love.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 2:35:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

oh god. pet health issues: sistah, I'm used to that lately. i'm sorry. that just sucks.
and as far as your reference to another portland lesbian who wears lipstick and carries a purse, hell yeah. there's a ton of us. that's what you get for being out in beaverton!
p.s. i also wear skirts.

Sunday, May 29, 2005 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Good luck with the doggy!!

I am in love with Trader Joes, and yes if I could I would marry it. Trader Joe's is one of my favorite places.

Go buy some brown basmati rice there and some of their simmer sauces. My favorite is the thai green curry- it's too spicy for my wimpy boyfriend,... the cuban mojito is awesome, and it all started with the curry simmer sauce. I've had the marsala and one other, moroccan tagine. LOVE THEM ALL.

They also sell barefoot merlot, that's my favorite "everyday" wine, although I don't enjoy it every day.

Ok, back to the books- just had to share the luuuuuuuuuv!

Sunday, May 29, 2005 5:56:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope your doggie pulls through ok. :)

Monday, May 30, 2005 7:29:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

My bad. Sorry to accuse you of living in Beaverton. Let me guess.....it's either Gresham or Hillsboro then.

Monday, May 30, 2005 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I hope your doggie is ok also but I just have to say. I gave Lil' Miss Pissy a pop tart THIS MORNING! Why didn't you tell me those things were bad for you. I don't read labels!
:)

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 7:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home