Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm not missing, I was on an Indian Reservation

I'm glad that you all love me so much that you were wondering where the hell I was.
I took my girls to Kah-Nee-Tah High Dessert Resort in Central Oregon.
It was a great time and the girls had a blast.

Kah-Nee-Tah is located on an Indian Reservation in the dessert of Central Oregon. To get there; we drove to Mt. Hood and down the other side where the terrain fairly quickly turns into dessert.
We stopped at Timerline Lodge for a potty break and I took this photo of my girls and my mom on the steps. The movie, The Shining, was filmed here.
IMG_0746
The top of Mt. Hood, elevation, around 11,000 feet.
IMG_0748
Timberline Lodge
IMG_0747
A mountain I don't remember the name of... anyone?
The terrain quickly changed, as I mentioned, into this:
IMG_0751
When we entered the reservation, we noticed this herd of horses along the side of the road. There was no fence and they didn't appear to belong to anyone, they were just hanging out; we had never seen horses so wild before.
IMG_0759
This is where we stayed, Tee Pee #1.
IMG_0760
IMG_0766
The view from the top of the hill where The Lodge is located. We ate dinner and breakfast there. The food was bad and the service was terrible, but look at this view:
IMG_0767
Of course the best part of the trip for the girls was THIS POOL!
IMG_0769
IMG_0776
My girls spent FIVE hours in the pool on Monday and FIVE hours in the pool on Tuesday. My mom and I both had spa treatments as the spa and the girls had mini-manicures.
Despite the 110 degree dessert heat, it was breezy and didn't feel that hot. The sun was hot but in the shade it felt really good.
IMG_0777
My tanned bathing beauties as we loaded the car.
IMG_0781
As we drove through the reservation, this was the view from the car. That haze that you see is from a fire that was burning earlier in the day. The fire danger is HIGH right now, and we heard the planes flying over us putting it out.
Remember, Only YOU can prevent forrest fires!

As I was driving down the road, I noticed something large in the middle of it. As I approached I realized it was a HORSE. Yes, he was just hanging out, walking in the middle of the road.
Amazing.
IMG_0786
So Blogging Friends from the Internet, another little Oregon State photo journaling for your enjoyment.

And Pissy and Kristine, you can relax, I'm back, I'm okay, I didn't disapear, I'm making plane reservations as soon as I get home from the dentist!

Ciao Ya'll!

19 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow, that looks so beautiful. :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger its just ME said...

AMAZING pics! I would LUUUUUUV to go out there, wish we had places like that around here...........

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Whoa! We're going to Kahneeta this weekend! We're not staying in the teepee, though, we're at the lodge. I LOVE THAT YOU STAYED IN A TEEPEE. How cool is that? Lordy lordy, I need to work on my tan. High Oregon desert is the place to do that! Glad you're back!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...the scenery is beautiful...wish I was there.

;-)

I'm glad you and your georgeous girls had so much fun! Glad you're back, too :)

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:15:00 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Guess I can quit feeling all rejected now... thought you'd moved on and left me behind (wahhh). Glad you were off with the family doing vacationy summery things. But I am SO GLAD you're back safe & sound. I missed you.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Wow! The mountains and The Indigo Girls all in one month... lucky duck. Looks like a fabulous time, the horses are beautiful.

Come answer a few questions over at my new blog if you get a chance. It's called "The Big Question" at http://bigquestion2day.blogspot.com

Take care,
Sublime

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

those pictures are absolutely beautiful, i always wanted to do something like that!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Beautiful! I'm trying to convince Sue to stay in a WigWam when we're in Arizona, but it's not looking good. Looks like you had a great time!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:11:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Please don't be leaving town without telling ONE of us! You know we start worrying if we don't even see a comment from you on any of the normal hang outs.

SHESH.


*sigh* Forgiven...but you're grounded.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks girls, we did have a good time!

Lelo, You'll have a great time, but be warned, the food and service at the Lodge Restaurant leaves a LOT to be desired. Bring sunscreen and go to the spa; have a Swedish massage and a mineral soak, it was yummy! Oh, and one more thing, make sure your gas tank is FULL BEFORE you leave. Once you leave Govt. Camp there is only one gas station. I left Kahneeta with my light on and was sweating it the whole way to the station (14 miles away.) I had to PUMP MY OWN GAS, because it's on the reservation and all, that was fun!

Kristine: HOW loooooong am I grounded????

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Wow, amazing pictures! I really like the one with the mountain off in the distance. Sleeping in a teepee seems like a kid's dream come true! You must have definitely gotten "cool mom" points for that. LOL

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:35:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

I'm not sure how long you're grounded for yet! I'm still all mad at you for making me and Pissy all worried!

You might have to clean my bathroom or something and that might make it all better.

;)

Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:14:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow, sounds like an awesome trip! Those pictures, all that blue sky, makes me feel good.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:25:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie B said...

That look soooo amazing! Love the horses.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Yeh, make her clean the toilet Kristine and we can take LOTS of pictures!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm so excited that I got "cool mom" points!!!

Kristine and Pissy: I happen to like to clean toliets so that's fine with me!!!!!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:32:00 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

That looks like the biggest pool EVER!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

YOU do? Oh honey you are going to LOVE Staying with me for a week then.

I'm putting you to work!! lol.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Yeah, you got cool mom points now. Better bank 'em up. Once they're teenagers those points go away really fast! LOL!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home