Sunday, November 06, 2005

It was a tough week for me and I didn't seem to have any time to really write about it. I've just tried to process through it myself at times when I could; in my car, at night before bed, in the morning before getting up, in my alone moments.

It started ten days ago when I had coffee with my XH to discuss some financial issues. The next day we all (dd's and XH and I) had lunch together at DD#3's soccer party. XH and I got into a discussion which led to his expressing to me some of his thoughts about me and my life.
Very few of those thoughts were of the nice variety.

It's been a year since we split up. Our first anniversary of our divorce will be next week.
It still hurts as much as it did a year ago.
And for some reason I still place so much stock in what he thinks of me, his opinion of me, if he's pleased with me or not. It's been a year, I don't understand why that hasn't disapeared yet. I know that I have hurt him; much more than I thought that I did, why do I feel that I deserve any kind of forgiveness or kindness from him? Why do I want that so much? Haven't I left it behind me, forgiven myself for my misgivings and shortcomings, and tried to be honest and move on? I think I have.
I know I have.

It's been so hard, but I've kept going every day. All of those days that I thought to myself that everyone would just be better off if I dropped dead; I kept going. All of those times that I looked at my children and thought that I didn't deserve to be their mother; I kept going.
I'm still going.
And it's still hard.

Apparently my XH feels that he didn't get a very fair deal when we divorced. I guess I don't deserve the settlement that we agreed on a year ago and it makes him sad to see me "wasting my life waiting for my gravy train to run out."
It makes me sad to know how much he didn't value what I contributed to our family.
He feels that it was unfair that he needed to maintain the "status quo," by continuing to earn a living while going through such a hard time.
I guess my maintaining the "status quo" with our children's lives isn't as important.

I want so much for him to understand and I get caught in a dance of trying to EXPLAIN it all to him like he's going to miraculously just look at me and say, "oh, okay Kathryn, I get it; I understand EXACTLY what you mean."
I need to understand that that is never going to happen. Not now, not ever. Period.

Then after all of that.
He's nice to me.
It confuses me a little but it also makes me feel good and scared at the same time.
I want so much for him to accept me into his life, but I want that mostly for my kids sake, I want them to feel secure that their parents are working together for their happiness and well being.
I also want us to try to salvage a part of our relationship that worked, that was usually really good; our friendship. I pin hopes on that someday we can be friends; although XH says that day will only come when he sees a report on the weather channel that Hell has frozen over.
It scares me because I spent ten years trusting him and putting myself in a vulnerable position only to be disapointed and hurt.
I know I don't need to participate in it anymore; I just don't know how to tell my heart that.

It's quite a dance that people do together.
Especially when they shared a life together and then parted their seperate ways while continuing to raise children together.
It's not quite as elegant as a waltz, or as fun as the electric slide.
I guess it's more like a tango; back and forth, harsh and sweet at the same time.
I suppose I'll figure it out as I go along.
Just like everything else.

I hesitated about writing about this is because I know someone out there that I knew IRL reads this blog; and they report about it to my XH. He says he doesn't read it and I don't know if that's true. He says that someone told him about my blog, who knows if that's the case, but it makes me a bit uncomfortable.
I realized that everyone sees and remembers things through their own perspective; their own eyes, and heart, and mind.
The words that I write here are from my perspective; they are MY feelings the way that I see and experience my life. Yes I share it with my blogging friends on the internet and the people that I invite to read it so it's not really private, but it's meant for good, not evil.
My feelings are my feelings and my thoughts are my thoughts.
I am not a bad person.
I'm just a person who has had a very intense, life changing experience.
And it's my experience. I have the right to process it however I want or need to.
The End.

12 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I know (better than anyone) that YOU ARE a good person. I've known you longer than anyone in this area...including him.

He has always punished you when you didn't do things his way. It sounds like that has never changed.
He wants you to pay for your relationship with LBCG...lets not forget, he cheated too...he just lied about it & you stayed for 5 more years. At least you were honest about it. Amy was honest with ME about her afair with him...and that is why he hates me...I couldn't give a rat's ass though!

He doesn't control you now & I know that is hard for him...all he has left is the punishment part...because he knows that will still work.


It's funny that he thinks you are a loser (or whatever term he uses) because you are a server. He sure didn't think HE was a loser when he was a bartender all of those years...and a lazy one at that!

You can't change the past...just try to move forward...for the girls.


Shelly

Sunday, November 06, 2005 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

I'm so sorry that "the fucker" is putting you through all of this still. You have always been a great Mother and a devoted partner to the person you're in a relationship with. All the crap that he is doing and saying to you is projection on his part. It's every shitty thing that he did to you for ten years and apparently he isn't able to forgive himself for his own shortcomings.

I know that this is easier said than done but.....try to find a way to stop letting him walk all over you emotionally. You know that he knows what buttons to push with you and that is exactly what he is doing. He's holding his thumb on the "I want to hurt Kathryn" button" and he won't stop doing it. It's all he has left. The only way he can control you and hurt you now is to keep pressing that button.

I've known you IRL for over ten years now and I know that you are loving, giving and caring. You are an awesome Mother who is devoted to her children and you're doing a great job raising those girls. Please don't allow him to make you doubt that.

And fuck him about the money thing. You deserve every dime that you're getting, and probably more. You are a bigger person than he is for wanting to have a healthy relationship with the father of your children. It's very selfish of him to attack you in the ways that he is. He should be thinking about the well being of the DD's and that is obviously not the case. Some things never change, do they? He's always more worried about himself than anyone else, and you always worry about everyone else first. Including someone who totally disrespected the vows of marriage right from the beginning.

I hope that someday soon you can find peace with all this and find a way to not allow him to treat you this way any longer. I love you Woo. Take care of your heart.

Angie

Sunday, November 06, 2005 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Hey...I'm sorry about what your going through and I hope you can come to terms/modify your relationship with your EH so it doesn't leave you drained and feeling worthless.

If its of any consolance I read your blog often and I wish my ex-wife was a tenth the concerned and involved mother that your are.

Dr. H.O. Potamus

Sunday, November 06, 2005 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

First, Fuck off, Chuck Reynolds.

Second, big hugs to you, RSG. I don't know what it's like to go through this, but I'm sure it's as painful and confusing as you make it sound. I do hope that one day you and he can be friends, mostly for the kids, but also for you. :)

Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You express yourself so well. I am so sorry that all this has not gotten easier in the past year. It sucks caring what people think, huh? I HATE it.

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:33:00 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

You're going to be alright.

We have both written similar blogs entries and share a lot of the same stories...and i'm up on you by a few years so listen to me...(remember, you can learn a lot from a dummy)...you'll be fine.

Go look at my Flickr and find the picture of The Fonz and an old man. That man is someone who swore he would never forgive my mother. He threw her a birthday party this weekend.

It took 30 something years, but it happened...you can't stress on it honey. All those dance moves you're doing isn't going to help. Just stand there and watch and you'll see how silly he looks trying to get you to dance with him.
I mean, come on...you saw Dan try to dance with me...

"*sigh* guess I'll ride my bike there then...*sigh*"

He knows that if he makes me feel guilty that I will cave to his will.

You gave him your love, your respect, and your time...don't give him your power. That is one thing you can't afford to give away.

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Hang in there. Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I heart you. I am sorry you are going through such a hard time with that SOB. I know you still care what he thinks and I hope one day you won't. Just know that you are fabulous and that we all heart you very much and I hope that things get easier. :)

Monday, November 07, 2005 6:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Woos: Thanks. You have both been so good to me giving me insight in things I sometimes forget. I love you both.

Hippo: that means a lot; especially coming from you! Thanks Hippo.

Chuck Reynolds:
Fuck off

Kami: Thanks so much, I'm doing the best I can.

Christin: Thanks for your support. BTW, I can't get to your blog for some reason. What's the link?

Lishy: Thank you sweetie. I'm glad you started blogging again, it's good therapy. I know that you know how this all is; I'm here for you too.

SFG: Thanks so much. I appreciate the nice comment.

Kristine: You're no dummy. I heart you and I appreciate you helping me out through this. I respect your opinion very much.

Caroline: Thanks so much, I do feel better just letting some of it out.

Pissy: I heart you too and I think you are fabulous my HAB!

Monday, November 07, 2005 10:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

D: thank you for your support. You are right about the guilt and not beating myself up about it. I know that I needed to do this in order to try to step forward some more.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Damn. That sucks. Don't let him judge you. Fuck that shit. Stay on your path: you're doing the right thing. Hugs to you.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 2:15:00 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Hey Sweetie, I'm back... had some issues with trying to give up speedy internet for dialup to save money, but UGH, couldn't do it. So now I'm back, and able to keep up again. Still lovin' ya, never stopped, just couldn't keep up for a while there.

Just wanted to say what a beautiful and totally RSG post this was, and that THIS is why I fell in love with RSG - the truth, the rawness and honesty and gutwrenching SOUL you share with us. Thank you.

Friday, November 11, 2005 12:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home