Monday, October 17, 2005

A new arrival . . .

Okay, my sulking is over.
I got over the disapointment of not getting the little puppies I was going to get and became completely obsessed with finding a puppy.
I searched high and low.
Researched everything on the internet.
Looked at classifieds in Seattle, Salem, Bend and Portland; as well as all of the online classifieds.
I had my list of questions to ask the potential seller about the baby puppies and then on Saturday afternoon; in between soccer games and all of a sudden . . .
I clicked and clicked and clicked again, and somehow ended up on a site that took me to breeders in Oregon and I found her.
The perfect puppy.
I e-mailed immediately, and minutes later they called me. The breeder said that they had just listed her on the website three minutes before I e-mailed them. I printed out her picture, told them that I had to talk to my kids and that I would call her later.
I knew immediately that I wanted her. The girls took one look at her picture and wanted her. LBCG took one look at her picture and wanted her.
That was it.
I called them that night and told them that we wanted to adopt her.
The next morning I drove two and a half hours to the desert in Warm Springs, Oregon and met them. They drove up from Bend to meet me. She was even sweeter in person and I was in love immediately.
That was it.
She's ours.
And here she is:
IMG_1489
IMG_1498
IMG_1484
IMG_1494
Isn't she sweet?
She is a Maltipoo; 3/4 Maltese and 1/4 Poodle. She has the most beautiful coloring I've ever seen and she is so damn cute. She is 12 weeks old and is 2.5 pounds. She will probably be about 6 pounds when she is grown.
The girls love her and I don't think that she's ever going to walk again because she is going to be carried everywhere.
The breeder had her crate and pad trained and so far she is doing very well.
I know that Macy and Rudder would love her if they were here and I feel that she fits in well in our home; we are very happy and we all adore her.
Her name?
Well; we all voted and decided on Daphne but then we thought of Ginger.
So she's either Daphne or Ginger.
What do y'all think?

Sorry I have been AWOL. I've been puppy obsessed but I feel better now that my mission is accomplished and was successful; I'm gonna catch up with all of you tomorrow!
Goodnight!

23 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

I like Ginger. She's just soooo cute! Congrats on your new baby!

Monday, October 17, 2005 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

I can't wait to kiss her again!!!

Angie

Monday, October 17, 2005 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Oh, and she looks like a Daphne to me.

A.

Monday, October 17, 2005 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

She looks like a Lilith to me.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:10:00 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

What a cutie!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:19:00 AM  
Blogger Whyme said...

I put my 2 cents on Daphne. Ginger is a bit too common for such a sweet little face.

She's CUUUTTTEEEE!!!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

OH MY GOD that is the cutest little girl ever. A Malt-a-poo!!!!!!!!!! Sigh. Sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 6:58:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awwww, how cute. I heart Daphne.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL @ 'maltipoo'!

Ginger is good, but Daphne seems to fit better. No logic there, just my feeling.

sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, kristine, how the fuck do you get 'lilith' for a lapdog?

just not followin' that one....

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Awwwww!!! Too, too adorable. Definitely Daphne.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

She is really adorable you HAB. Cute as pie.
I like both names actually. Both are really cute.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Your new puppie-poo is soooooo cute!!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Oh she is beautiful!

But when I look at her face, I think Butterscotch. She looks so sweet like she would just melt in your mouth like Butterscotch.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

I kinda thought the "Lilith" thing came from "Daphne" (we're they both on Frasier?)

Anyway, I vote for Daphne.

She's so cute RSG! I'm so happy you all found each other.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Maybe it's from Lilith Fair since RSG is... well... RSG. Anyhoo - I vote for Velma or Maryann - only because I'm a noncomformist.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 5:17:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Charolotte gets me.

Yes, Lilith from the Lilith Faire concerts.

In some beliefs Liltih was the first wife of Adam.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:55:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

NOTE: I have never been to a Lilith Fair concert or anything...just saw the dog and it told me her name is Lilith.

Little sister, Lilith.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

she is adorable! I fell for my mom's friend's dog that is a shitz-a-poo, shih-tzu/ poodle.

I'd go for ginger cause I'm sure she's sweet and has a little sass in her, too- plus I'm a foodie, and Ginger just fits... in a non-gilligan's isle way ;-)

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Kami: I agree!

Woos: kiss her face and touch her nose!

Kristine: Don't be difficult.


Chickie: Thanks :)

Tanya: She IS cute, isn't she?

Christin: She's not as cute as your kids!!!

Lelo: She is so sweet; maybe you can meet her someday.

SFG: she is the sweetest!

Little Sister: Yes, Maltipoo is a "designer dog" name. funny, isn't it.

Designer Girl: She is so cute, You'll have to make a blog template out of her!!!!

Pissy: I like both names too. You're a HAB too. I miss and heart you!!!

MW: Not as cute as you are!

Jessica: She does look like butterscotch; she's the same color.

SoozieQ: Kristine is just being difficult. She's that way.

Charlotte: You crack me up.

Curly: Thanks Curly. You're sweet.

d: Yeah, I like pretending to be a comment spammer; I think that might be my new hobby. BTW: Cow Kitten is doing well at my mom's house.

Kristine: Maybe you've never been to a Lilith Faire concert but you know you wanted to go.
And you are correct about the bible thing. It actually goes one further: the story is that after Lilith left Adam and the Garden of Eden she went off and started an island of lesbians.

Blu: I was thinking of food more than Gilligans Island; plus it's just old fashion.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 9:52:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

You're just trying to get your damn toaster oven.

Name the dog Lilith and I'll get you a toaster oven!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Ok. I am lost..why do you want a toaster over?

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I don't need a damn toaster oven!!
Kristine is just being a dork!!!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 3:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home