Friday, November 18, 2005

It's Friday

and I haven't participated in Stuff Portrait Friday in a long, long time. I'm a loser, but I'm getting over it. Maybe next week.

Today I took DD#3 to see the very nice and personable pediatrician who is filling in for my regular pediatrician who is having a baby.
DD#3 was not so pleased when she found out that she was seeing a "boy" doctor, but I assured her that "boys" can be good doctors too, and that they can grow up to be anything that a girl can be, (but probably not do it quite as well.)
So they stuck one of those swabbie things down her throat and low and behold, they pulled out some good old fashioned strep bacteria.
YES!
The $20.00 co-pay and exposure to millions of microbiotic germs was at least worth it.
Now don't think that I'm HAPPY that my daughter has strep throat, I'm just happy that I didn't drag our asses there, pay money, and breath dangerous air to hear, "well Ms. RSG, is looks like your daughter has a virus. Make sure she gets plenty of rest and drinks a lot of fluids, if she doesn't improve by Monday, bring her back and we'll take 20 dollars more of your money to pronounce exactly the same thing."
A strep throat diagnoses means a prescription for amoxicillan and guaranteed improvement in seven to ten days! Yippee!

Normally I would be concerned about DD#2 catching it next, but I think we're probably safe; she being an alien and all.

And DD#1 has never had strep (nor have I,) probably because we both had our tonsils out at age 3. Of course, because of the sheer fact that I don't have health insurance right now, I'm SURE I probably will get the strep-throat, it would just figure. Maybe I could pretend to be DD#1? I'm not THAT much taller than she is, I could maybe pull off 11??

In other news:

THIS opens today,
harry potter 4
and yes I will be there at 6:30 at the very new, very fancy, shmancy theatre that we have open at our very new, very fancy, schmancy outdoor mall.
Regal-Cinemas_dusk
I will be attending with LBCG, my friend D.Nice, and another girl from my glamorous waitressing job. It will be swell.

THIS is happening right now:
inversion
It's dangerous to go out of the house, the air quality is so poor. Really sucks.
But no amount of pollution will keep me from seeing my movie. Remember, I've been in the house for three days watching kid shows on television. I couldn't even go to work today because of the strep attack on my child, so you better believe, just as soon as XH picks the girls up, I am OUTTA here.

One last thing:

Go over to LeLo's and see the picture of Gingers sister who is being adopted today by LeLo and her partner AdRi. I'm so excited I can't even stand it!

I hope you all have a magical, wonderful, strep-free weekend!

10 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Have fun Woo!

Is that Bridgeport Village???

I don't heart that movie but I hope you enjoy it!

See you tomorrow!

Shelly

Friday, November 18, 2005 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

yes it is the ever famous, ever fancy Bridgeport. We are going to M and S grill for Happy Hour preceding our movie, yum.
I'll be over about 4:oo.

Friday, November 18, 2005 3:31:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Strep! Ack! I'm sorry to hear about the sickness. :(

I'm doing the countdown: 1 hour! I'm so excited I can barely stand it.

Word is there's a new doggy boutique at Bridgeport Village that's ooh la la. Put that credit card away! (sshhh: we'll meet for a playdate there over Thanksgiving weekend!)

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Friday, November 18, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Sorry she has strep, but I'm with you on the diagnoses.

"He has a virus."

Thanks. Here's my $15. And I still can't do shit to make him feel better.

Hope you're enjoying the movie!

Friday, November 18, 2005 7:42:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Damn that theater is LARGE. Hope you enjoyed the flick.

Saturday, November 19, 2005 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Who is Harry Potter?

Saturday, November 19, 2005 7:46:00 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

S went to see that on opening day (yesterday) as well - she loved it. I wish I had been with her...

Saturday, November 19, 2005 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger dashababy said...

I get creeped out walking into those medical facilities. Yuck. You just know youre gonna get something. I just got back from food shopping where I spotted several sick people. Thank God for Purel hand sanitizer.
Glad to hear you are going to get out to see a movie. I went and saw "Prime" yesterday. It was good. Funny. Have a great weekend!!
xoxoxoxo

Saturday, November 19, 2005 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Hope DD#3 is feeling better soon, and the rest of y'all stay strep free!

Sunday, November 20, 2005 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home