Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Getting it out of the way...

Sick again.
I thought it was just my own damn fault, but I believe I was wrong.

Sunday was a great day and I was oh so very happy! Went to work and afterward went out for some cocktails with some work friends. I had a few red apple martinis and a fun time. Until I was getting ready to go to bed when I promptly puked my guts out. When I woke up the next morning, I really thought that I just drank too much on an empty stomach. But I didn't drink THAT much and I was really, really sick.

I couldn't move.
I could barely breath without hurting.
Everything hurt and I stayed in a horizontal position the entire day and most of today.
I either caught a flu or had some really bad Crown Royal.
I'm pretty sure it was the former.
This evening I am waiting for my mom to come over to make dinner for my girls and I plan on going back to bed.

Seems Ginger is sick too. She's been doing a really weird cough the last few days. I took her to the vet today (in between lying down,) and the vet thinks she may have kennel cough, despite being inoculated against it. He says (the cute lesbian vet wasn't in today,) that the vaccine is only about 20% effective against the virus. Who knew? She's doing fine and doesn't have a fever, she's just tired and coughing. She is also cutting teeth right now, poor baby!
DD#1 is much better. That anti-viral medicine seemed to work quite well.

So the way I see it; I'm just getting a few things out of the way for the New Year. Kids sick, dog sick, I'm sick; it's all good because that means we'll be healthy the rest of the year, right? I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow, I've got to.

Regarding Rich... You all crack me up so much. There's no need for cutting anyone, SFG, I think I'll be fine, but thanks for the offer! (I'll keep you in mind though, if anything comes up...)

I found out quite awhile ago, that my XH was told about my blog from someone. Apparently there are quite a few of my former friends and acquaintances (including Rich,) who frequent my blog and report about it to my XH.

Here's what I have to say about that...

I speak nothing but my own truth here, this is my life and my blog; no it's not "private" because it's on the internet but it's my words, my experience and my perspective. I have no problem with anyone reading it, because I'm a pretty open person to begin with. Until my blog was "outed" to my XH, I did not tell anyone about it IRL, now it doesn't seem to matter much . But regardless of that, there is nothing that I say here, or have said here that I wouldn't be comfortable talking to anyone about. Nothing.

As open as I am with my own life, other people are open with their lives to me. People who I used to be close with have shared very intimate and private parts of their lives with me. Things that I'm sure they wouldn't want broadcasted and shared with other people in any forum.

So to all of those people I'll just close with this...
Girls talk, and I know a lot of things that have been confided in me through the years.
A lot of things.
So tread lightly while walking on someone else's life.

Enough said, carry on blogging friends on the internet.

14 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Sorry you are under the weather (and the kids and dog!)...Let's hope you're right and this means that you all won't have to deal with colds and flu for much of the year, if at all.

I like your attitude about being open about your life. You are lucky to be so comfortable. Not everyone has the courage to do this, so I admire you for it!

Happy New Year!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:44:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I hope you feel better soon. All of you.

You are so much braver than I am. I would delete my blog in a hot minute if my family or certain "friends" found it. Proving once again that you totally rock.

Oh, and Rich can still go fuck himself.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:48:00 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Ya know, if someone's making you martini's with Crown Royal, I think you need a new bartender.

But seriously, hope you feel better soon!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Francesca: I'm hoping for a sick free New Year!

Syd: I rock? You're so nice!

Lori: Actually the red apple martini is made with Crown, apple pucker, apple juice and cranberry juice; they are delicious but now I puked after drinking them, so who knows if I'll still be able to drink them.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

aww sweetie- I'm sorry you're feeling ill... as for Ginger... watch out- parvo virus is rampant here in Eugene!

love to you!

xo

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Props to you for your honesty. And fuck 'em all.

Get better soon,
Lelo

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

amen!

You've been sick a bunch...and uh..well...Have you thought maybe 'black mold'?

I have a friend who almost died from it so I know WAY too much about it.

Might be something to look into.

*HUG*

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:50:00 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hope you feel better very very soon...I hate being sick to my stomach more than anytging...

Very interesting about your XH and blogging...It's hard sometimes to remember that being on the Internet is truly a public forum...And I think it's great that you feel as you do...It IS your blog and your life and YOUR TRUTH!!! And I say GOOD for you, my dear! Keep on "Keeping On".

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:29:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Yes Woo you do speak the truth...but SOME PEOPLE CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! SAy anything you want. At least you aren't pissing off anonymous:)

Hey Rich..sounds like RSG might know a thing or two about you...I'd back off boy!


Sorry you were sick Woo! I hope you get over this stuff. You Ang & Lishy have all been sick for a while...I hope we don't get the throw up game at our house....UGH.

Poor Ginger...

Shangie

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:53:00 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Oh bugger, I hope you are all back on top form very very soon and that this is the end of the sickness for at least the rest of the year.

Regarding the rest - you are so wise.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:20:00 AM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Hope you feel better soon and Ginger too. Who knew, only 20%???? And that shot is a little pricey at that. What the hell....

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Amen, sister. Hope you are feeling better.

Why in the hell do we make them get the damn nose spray/shot if it's only 20% effective?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:25:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I am sorry you are not feeling so hot and that Ginger Winger is not either.
I heart you and hope you feel better soon.
I am proud of you for posting here and not giving a fuck what people think..you know that people read.
Who cares. This is your playground..play how you want.
If you don't like it then don't read.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Hope you're all feeling better really soon!

I can't get over that the kennel cough med. is only 20% effective. They're so totally adament that the dogs get it before boarding, too. Sheesh!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home