Wednesday, December 21, 2005

News and what-not

The weather has warmed up and we are back to our typical NW winter weather; rain. I can't say that I'm dissapointed, I like the snow and everything but I very much dislike the bitter cold. (It was right around 32 degrees (F, d.)) I don't like it!

The kids are on their first day of Winter Break today, 13 to go.

I had a meeting today that could possibly work into a job... I can't say that it went as well as I would have liked, but I think there is still a chance for something to work out. I will keep pursuing it and see how things figure.

The kids and Ginger are in Heaven because we had a houseguest arrive today!
IMG_1768
Wink, who is Ginger's biological sister and cute as a button has come to stay over Christmas with us. We will hang her a stocking next to Gingers so that Santa can fill it when he comes! So far we have only had two altercations, one over a greenie (which is a little chew bone for you non-dog bloggers,) and one at dinner. Ginger isn't a very good dinner hostess as she tried to eat Wink's food, and Wink wasn't going for that. So Ginger, in typical fashion, got banned to the bathroom to finish her dinner and allow Wink to eat her's in peace.

As I blog, they are wrestling and playing all over the living room. Wink will take a break from playing to crawl over and sit with DD#3, who gives her lots of love, it's so cute! I just hope that she gets enough attention this week while she's here with us!!! I'm sure she will miss her Mom's and I know that they will miss her!
Have a fun and safe trip LeLo and AdRi! (They're coming near your neck of the woods, Kami, maybe you should have them over for some fried turkey!)

My mom told me today that my jerk cousin outed me to my grandmother recently. Apparantly she is beside herself because she feels like everyone in the family knew but her. I certainly wasn't keeping anything from her, I honestly haven't discussed the issue with anyone in that part of the family. I've discussed it with my aunt, uncle and cousin who I am closest to, not the family members I'm not. I just don't think that I need to explain myself to anyone, I'm not going to make an issue out of something that is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

My cousin is an ass for upsetting my grandmother and making a big deal out of something that is not. He's just one of those people that needs to put other people down to make themselves look better, he's a miserable man who is unkind to his wife and children and has no sense of maturity or responsibility. He's a bigot and a racisit and a chauvanist and I don't have to deal with him because he lives 3,000 miles away (thank God.)

LBCG asked me if I was going to call my grandmother. I don't think I will; I'll let my Momma deal with it!!!

The second week of November I started to get a cold. I took Airborne and Emergen-C like a nut and fought it off. I had a bit of a cough but nothing too terrible. Two days after Thanksgiving, I got very sick and even missed a few days of work. Being that I have a history of pneumonia, I had my Mom get me some anti-biotics to take care of anything that might be brewing. It seemed to do the trick and a few days later I was feeling much better.

A week after that I felt bad again, a week later I was better. A week after that I felt bad again, then I was better, then I was bad, then I was better. All along though, I have had a cough and a bit of tightness in my chest. My Mom listened to me and didn't hear anything bad in there.

Then last night in the middle of the night I started running a fever. WTF?
Today I feel like crap, and I sound like a thunder storm when I cough. I drugged myself up enough to function through my meeting and day, but now I'm starting to crash. I wish I could figure out what the hell is going on with me. Being sick at Christmas is not my idea of fun.

So that's the news from the RSG homefront. I want to do a Holiday wish for all of you tomorrow, I'm trying to put it together in my head!

10 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Sweet, sweet babies! Yes, they can come over for fried turkey!!!

Take a vitamin or something, sister. GEEZ.

Sorry about your cousin. What an ass.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

I wish I had 13 days off in a row! Lucky kids.

And those dogs are so cute!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:59:00 PM  
Blogger the determined dieter said...

Maybe the problem is that you are fighting the cold too much. Let it come out (no pun intended) without any drugs, do it's thing for a week or so and get on with life.

Ditto on the dogs. A-dor-able.

I can't imagine anything worse than being outed by someone in your family. But don't let it get to you. Just stay positive about who you are and you'll be fine.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:08:00 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Hi RSG since I made fun of you at Shangie's blog I thought I should come here and make nice. I am sorry you are sick, that sucks. Your cousin is an ass and should learn to mind his own damn business, I am sure he has things he would rather not have your granny know. The puppies are too cute, I hope they aren't too stinky. Good luck and sanity during the break.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Family members: just because we're related doesn't mean we would have anything to do with them in any other way. What an ass wipe. One word: KARMA.

I miss Winky, but I know she's in great hands. Thank you soooooo much for hosting Wink's first sleep over. :) The cats are enjoying having run of the house. But I miss my sweet little girl!!!!!! Kisses to her and Ginger. And play nice! Or no greenies for either of you!

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Fran has the same issue about the Airborne & delayed sickness...I think that stuff might be bad...thats just me though.

Angie has had a hard time getting rid of her cold too. I have been lucky & haven't caught it from any of y'all!

You will have to tell me who outed you the next time we talk...is it the kid of the people that were just here?

I'm sure your mom is gonna love that conversation...ugh!

Shelly

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

Im sorry your feeling sick, Ive had a throat thing going on myself, no voice, which when teenagers are home for winter break, no good, hahaha.

The puppies are adorable and I hope your feeling better for the holidays!!!

Thursday, December 22, 2005 2:33:00 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Your cousin is a dick.

Glad you mentioned Airborne. I'm feeling crappy today and forgot that I had some. It has saved me a few times.

Hope you didn't completely hide how bad you're feeling at your interview. Could be worth a few sympathy points.

Good luck on that and happy holidays to you and your family.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

Sorry about your cousin, what an asshat.

I hope you get better REAL soon! NO sickies for the Holidays!

Take care of yourself young lady.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Your cousin is an ass. One of my cousins did the same thing to me this summer at my brothers wedding. This cousin of mine is also a lesbian and the grandma she outed me to is not even her grandmother. I don't know what she got out if outing me, but I hope it was worth it to her. I was waiting to talk to my grandma when we had a moment alone, and not at my brothers wedding. My grandma is very happy for me and my beloved, and wished I would have told her sooner. Family just sucks sometimes.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home