Tuesday, March 28, 2006

We come home tomorrow

and generally at this point in any trip away from home, I would be ready and welcoming the fact that by tomorrow I would be sleeping in my own bed.

Not so much the case for this particular trip.

Perhaps it's the wind that blows in from the beautiful beach. The warm and welcoming hospitality from HG's parents, HM (Hottie Mama,) and HP (Hottie Papa.) Or perhaps it's the twelve hours of sleep that I've been getting every night, preceded by consuming large quantities of margaritas, shots of tequila, bloody marys, and Mexican beer.

Probably it's the well being of being with the one I love, walking hand in hand with her on the beach and through towns where I search for "Gucci" purses and trinkets to take home to the DD's. Without an agenda, without a schedule, and without any of the stresses that normally consume me in my role as a mother, housekeeper, cook, chauffer, volunteer, and glamorous waitress.

No, I am not ready to leave this place where HG and I have somehow managed to connect on an even deeper level. I thought we were already there; I wonder how much deeper it could possibly go. Every moment that passes, I am in awe of the amount of love and respect that she shows me; showering me with love and attention so effortlessly.

It's been amazing on so many levels. I am not ready to come home; but alas, I have no choice and I must return to my "ordinary" life. I will leave Mexico tomorrow, taking with me the contentment in my heart and the memories of such a wonderful and magical time along with the anticipation of returning here another time soon.

18 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

I f'in love Mexico...particuliarly Baja. Shit, someday I will have my own lil Mexican Honey down there.

Dr H.O. Potamus

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:43:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Aw Woo...I am so happy that you are having such a great time.

I know you don't want to come back ...but we miss you:)

Shelly

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

God, that gives me chills.

Reminds me of the first time K took me to back to Costa Rica. Something about seeing your lover in their own environment, in their element... I don't know, you are the one that's good with words.

I'll just say that I know what you mean. And that I'm happy for you.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:58:00 PM  
Blogger hemlock said...

so glad to hear that you are having an amazing time.

vacations have a strange way of doing that to you (allowing you to connect that is...)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Who are you and what have you done with the snarky RSG?

Seriously. Yeah! So glad ya'll had a super wonderful time. You deserve it.

Ginger has been a very good girl. Who knew she could bark like that though?! Whoa! That little girl has some lungs!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, I've been missing ya.

However, I am glad you are having such a wonderful time. :)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

It sucks you have to come off of your cloud!
Glad it was such an amazing trip though!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Mexico is beautiful and I swear one day I am gonna live there..right on the beach.
So glad you guys are having a fabulous time.
I wish you could stay!
Can't wait to see pics..hope you took a lot!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Sounds like a wonderful vaction.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I can't wait to see pictures!!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:53:00 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Very glad you have had this magical chance of a lifetime! I am sure there are more ahead for you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:38:00 AM  
Blogger Unbalanced said...

awww, I wanna go to Mexico!!! I'm so glad you are relaxing and enjoying yourself. What a special girl you are!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 6:44:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a wonderful vacation. I can't wait to see the pics and hear more about it!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Sounds fantastic RSG- can you bring some warm weather with you?

I know... I KNOW...only 5 more months of rain!

*sigh*

Glad you two are having a great time!
xo

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

What a lovely time for you two! It strikes me as I read your entry that it seems like there's a sense of calm and peacefulness about you more so now. Love perhaps?

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Helllllooooooo?

PICTURES, WOMAN!!!!!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:59:00 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like a dream trip come true! How wonderful for you and HG!

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Don't worry about me. I'm getting old here, waiting for pics of you and HG in Mexico. No worries.

Friday, March 31, 2006 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home