Thursday, March 16, 2006

Stress with a purpose

I don't do stress very well.
It makes me cranky.
It makes me snappy.
It give me irritable bowel.

Sometimes we bring stress on ourselves for the purpose of having something that we want or need. It's stressful to go on vacation, it's stressful to plan a dinner party, it's stressful to Christmas shop, it's stressful to buy a new house; but all of those things are stress with a purpose.

Stess with a purpose.

I don't do stress very well, but I feel okay doing this kind of stress, because for the first time I feel like I have a partner who is actually "partnerning" with me through it. I have stress with a purpose and a partner to go through it with.

In fifteen minutes I'm embarking on some stress with a purpose...
Wish us luck.

9 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Good luck Woo. It'll be fine...just do what we did 10 years ago and say fuck everyone else this is where I need to be....and go on with your lives together. That's all. I love you.

Ang

Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Yes, stress.
I am stressed.
I hope your stress with a purpose works out...
My stress has no purpose at this point.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

On a positive note, I find that the best therapy for stress is sex. Unless you're sick of that already :)

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Good luck honey in whatever it is you are purposely stressing about! P.S. YAY for partners who actually partner!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Ah I am very familiar with stress with a purpose, it gave me nightmares last night. I hope that all goes well. You are a lucky woman to now have a partner that partners.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

OK, blogger has been a prick and not let me comment on your last two posts...let's see if third time's a charm.

First: Happy birthday, whenever it is/was!

Second: Stress with a purpose. Living it now. But will come out much more blissful on the other side.

With HG there, it will all be groovy, I promise!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Stress with a purpose? Yep I know exactly what you mean....Bravo on the partner that is really partnering!

When all is said and done - treat yourself - that is what I am doing this Saturday with an all day spa treatment!

Thursday, March 16, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger Broken Bindings said...

go for it. and hang in.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:02:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

So glad that you have a partner by your side to share the stress, and lean on. Hope all went okay.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 3:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home