Friday, September 16, 2005

stuff portrait friday
Something Random
I was trying to find the love letter that Brian Baker (the Sprint PCS Guy,) wrote to me in college professing his love and admiration for me; but there is way too much shit in my garage to find it! Maybe next time.
So I decided on my candy dish. This is the candy dish that held the circus peanuts and the gum drops at my grandparents house during my entire life. It was the first thing I would go for when I walked into their house; every single time. None of my other vulture relatives apparently wanted it, as it was left right where it always was, on the end table in the living room. I carefully transported it accross the US of A to it's new home on my piano. I hope that I still have it when I have my own grandchildren and I will always have it filled with nasty, sugary candy for them to enjoy!
IMG_1417
My Kitchen
This is my kitchen. It's quite small but I really enjoy it. I would love to replace the counter-tops to slate to match my fireplace sometime soon. I need to get LBCG on that project!
My cabinets are white and I bleach those motherfuckers every week. I bleach my counters, my refrigerator outside and my stove EVERY DAY!
The three decorative signs in my kitchen make me HAPPY. The one on my sink is the Chinese character for "longevity." It was given to me by one of my former friends on my 30th birthday. The other sign above the cabinets says, "Good Morning, Let The Stress Begin" and the other is a Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign for happiness.
IMG_1416
My Handwriting
IMG_1420

13 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

Your kitchen is beautiful! I know all about those Hex signs. I am in Amish Country Pa. Wherever you go you can smell the horse shit!LOL

Friday, September 16, 2005 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Wow! The Sprint PCS guy wrote you a love letter? How cool is that!

The closest I can come to that is the psycho, stalker (local) newscaster who called me and left me "love messages" (even though *I* never gave him my phone number so I have no idea how he got it).

It sounds like your admirer at least wasn't a complete asshat.

I love your candy dish and I'm so glad to see your bleached cabinets. I've "heard" alot about them since your visit with Kristine :-)

Friday, September 16, 2005 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

I'd didn't know who the "Brian Baker" was that you were talking about. But, I know a Brian Baker and he works in the cell tower industry. I was actually sooo frightened to click on the link in case it was the same guy. Would have been VERY creepy if it were him....lol.

Friday, September 16, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I love your kitchen. After looking at all the pics I think I may want to paint soon.

Your candy dish reminded me of my aunt who passed a couple years ago. She had a very similar candy dish in red that always had candy in it. As a parent, sometimes I had to remove it to higher ground when my kids, in their younger days, were there. Brings back good memories.

Friday, September 16, 2005 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Book Bums said...

My grandma had a dish like that too...I wonder what happened to it...

Friday, September 16, 2005 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I LOVE your kitchen! It doesn't look small though! I can't believe you do all that bleaching every day! I barely have enough energy to do normal clean up after myself during the week!

The fact that the candy dish is what you choose for the momento of your grandparents reminds me of one I have of my mom's that is like my Aunt Margaret's. I always remember nonparels in hers.

Friday, September 16, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Ok you Hooker Ass Bitch.
Your kitchen is of course fabulous. Your handwriting is fabulous.
I swear to god my Dad has one of those candy dishes!
I finally get to see the candy dish that you came thousands of miles to get.
I still want to see that god damn letter from the HOTTIE Sprint PCS guy.

Friday, September 16, 2005 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

OMG: you must go through bleach like a mad woman! That is a shitload of bleaching! I hope you at least wear gloves.

Love the candy dish and its meaning. It looks like it needs those sweet orange peanut things in it. What were those anyway?! (definitely NOT vegan!)

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Love love love the color of your kitchen.

I played too!

Friday, September 16, 2005 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

whoa...Your kitchen use to be blue and all the bleach it's now white huh?

H-A-B!

Friday, September 16, 2005 9:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Your kitchen is purty, and so is your handwriting!

Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Renee: I need me some more hex signs; anyone near a Dutch Pantry??? I'm looking for one to bring me FORTUNE.

Soozie: I'll look for the letter next week when I tackle my garage cleaning expo. We didn't date for long, he was kind of a dork, but when he got "famous" it was kind of cool.

Sublime: Different Brian Baker, that would have been funny though! BTW: I am missing your blog, did you move? Did I miss it?

Lori: Thanks for stopping by; I LOVE color on the walls.

Zuphic: I think a lot of people's gramma's had that dish, I love it.

SassY: It is small, it's an optical illusion!!! I am phobic about germs; hence the bleaching!

Pissy: No, YOU are fabulous. HAB!

Lelo: do you think Whole Foods carries "Vegan Circus Peanuts???" Will you look for me?

Kate: I love your stuff, thanks for stopping by.

Kristine: Never underestimate the power of bleach.

Kami: No YOU'RE PURTY!!

Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger paula said...

"hooker ass bitches"

AND you are an Aries..

Yup. I'll be back.

mg

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home