Sunday, November 20, 2005

Thank you all for the wonderful hair advice. Who knew you bloggers were so knowledgable about beauty?

In my own defense, I must say that I apply the hair color just fine. I know how to properly mix it and apply it, check it, rinse it. I do all of that just fine.
It's picking the color that gives me a problem.
So I figure that all I have to do is have Dashababy pick out the color FOR me,
I'll go to the store and BUY it, put it on, and all will be well in the world of my hair.
Yes?
Dashababy?

I know you're all DYING to see my DYE job. (he-he, that was kind of funny.)
I couldn't post it yesteday because LBCG hadn't seen it yet, and I didn't want the world to see before she did. I did call her and warn her though. She just keeps looking at me and saying, "oh my god RSG . . . that HAIR"
Everyone at my Glamorous Waitressing Job did get a chance to see it though; and I will tell you that I made GREAT money last night; I only had $500.00 in sales and made $100.00.
It's got to be the hair.

I'm not saying it looks great, because it is a bit, how do you say? Dramatic? But it's not the worst color I've ever seen, actually the color is pretty, I'm just not sure I like it on me. But I think that being a redhead is a little fun and a little sassy.
And I'm a litttle fun and a little sassy.
Plus plenty of other people have colored their hair red and they look GREAT.
I like to think of it as I am joining the ranks of some famous redheaded people.
People like:
Queen Elizabeth the first
elizabethi
Bette Davis
bettedavis
Lucille Ball
lucille-ball
Susan Sarandon
susan2
The very beautiful Julianne Moore,
julianne17
and Sydney does it ALL of the time:
sydney_bristow
Even my girl, Gwen:
1097_2

And now, RSG:




IMG_1731

I guess I should just be thankful that I don't look like him:
ronald mcdonald
Do I?

18 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Oh Woo. I saw your pic when I got home from work last night on our camera.....and it really isn't that bad. You'd be pretty bald. You look nothing like Ronald Mc Donald!

Angie

Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

So I will admit I was a bit shocked when i saw it for the first time...but...after we hung out for a bit...i didn't even notice it...i think it grows on a person...and we do LOVE many of the red heads you mentioned. Who knows, maybe you will start a new fad!

Shelly

Sunday, November 20, 2005 2:25:00 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

It is not bad at all, new life, new color!! Enjoy

Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I think it looks GREAT. Look what it does to your eyes?!??! PING! Muy fantastico.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

It looks fine, and it will even fade some before you see Gwen. I just love Susan Sarandon.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I agree with lelo.

You have very pretty eyes and I think the color works.

So work it, honey!

Sunday, November 20, 2005 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Your hair could be polka dotted and you'd still be hot.

Sunday, November 20, 2005 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

You did a great job!
It is red...really red..I like it! You lil' hottie bitch you.

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

I like it! It's YOU! A little wild, a lot sassy, and FUN.

Monday, November 21, 2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

OMG. You so do not look cheap. I am soooo disappointed!! ;-)

Maybe you want it to be really red when you go see Gwen -- that way she'll be able to spot you in the crowd. :-)

And, thanks for the Julianne Moore picture. She rocks my world.

Monday, November 21, 2005 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger dashababy said...

Wow you eyes really do stand out with that color. You have pretty blue eyes, before this, I think I thought they were green.
The color is not that bad. If you want to tone it down a bit, try a level 7 neutral blonde with a low volume peroxide like maybe 5 or 10% just to deposit some color. It's fun to change your hair color every now and then. Youre gorgeous dahlink. xoxoxo

Monday, November 21, 2005 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

I think it looks great!

Monday, November 21, 2005 7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

You guys are so kind!
I've washed it twice with dish soap, but I don't think it faded much. I'm too afraid to try the Tide, (besides I use Gain.) I think I'll just live with it for another couple days and see.
I'll probably take Dashababy's advice, although I do wish she would just come up here and do it for me!

Thanks y'all for being so fucking sweet to me! I heart you all so much! (well, except asterismos, cuz I don't know you yet, but since you said I look fabulous, I kind of heart you already. . .)

Monday, November 21, 2005 8:45:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

oh Woo, you are so pretty:)

Shelly

Monday, November 21, 2005 9:53:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

It looks great! I'm lucky enough to be a natural redhead, but unlucky in that it has lost some of its vitality since having children - I really really want to get it spiced up with some highlights, but then I can't say that it's natural anymore. Damn hair.

But yours DOES look good - I like it

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm digging the color. Keep it.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 6:52:00 AM  
Blogger dashababy said...

WARNING! Do not use Tide on your hair or any laundry soap. Besides being very drying to the hair it will not help. It might make it lighter but then it could turn it a weird color you might not like.
I wish I could come do it for you. But get some good reconstructor and moisturizer to keep it from getting to fried. Your hair has that tendency to be dry, being naturally curly.
Good luck sweetie. xoxoxox

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

RSG--you are beautiful! That color totally works for you. You'll get used to it within a week & as others have said, it will tone down.

At least you didn't have my experience: I bought a kit containing both the haircolor and highlights. The color was called "Pecan," and it appeared that my hair should have been a rich reddish gold. HAH!

I ended up with red hair and orange highlights. OMFG! My eyes just bugged out looking at it LOL. I tried to blame it on the changes my hair went through after chemo, but that was 8 years ago. LOLOL

Keep the color--you are truly stunning! Kristine has a good point.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home