Monday, January 09, 2006

My five weird habits

I got tagged by Raggy Maggy to list my five weird habits. Well people, I have a hell of a lot more than five weird habits, but I'll go ahead and list them for your entertainment. I don't actually think that any of my habits are weird, because I'm completely normal in every way.

  1. I touch dogs and cats noses, obsessively. I love to touch animal noses and I wouldn't stop at dogs and cats except it might be dangerous of me to wonder into the zoo and touch say, a lions nose or something. I love that they are black and cold and wet. My VERY favorite thing is to touch their nose with MY nose. I especially like that. When I was a little girl, we had a golden retriever named Tess whoms nose I would always touch. Tess had a pink spot on the tip of her nose where the black was worn off. I don't know if it was related to my touching or not???? (probably not...)
  2. I ALWAYS make my bed the second I get out of it. Always. Even if I'm in a big hurry. I can't stand the sight of an unmade bed. I do not make my children's beds daily because they are bunk beds and an enormous pain in the ass to make. If they weren't bunk beds, you bet your ass that I would make them every morning too.
  3. I'm obsessed with bleach and I bleach my kitchen every day (except of course on the days when I haven't prepared anything IN my kitchen.) I bleach the counters, sink, stove, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator before I cook and usually after as well. I once heard that the front of your refrigerator is germier than your toilet. That is certainly NOT the case in my house.
  4. I always get ready in exactly the same order. I shower, get out, dry my hair with the towel, then dry my body, then wrap my hair in the towel. Then I brush my teeth, put on deodorant, put on my bra and underwear, do my makeup, put product in my hair, tossel it a bit, put on fragrance and finally get dressed. If I get ready outside of that specific order, it just feels wrong to me. I don't understand how other people do things OUT of that specific order (LBCG,) and it secretly makes me a little crazy to watch her get dressed before she brushes her teeth and does her hair.
  5. I can not sleep with any doors open in my bedroom. The closet doors, the bathroom door, and the bedroom door must be closed in order for me to sleep. I almost always used to go to bed before my XH and he would consistently forget to close the bathroom door which would make me crazy, because I would then need to get up out of bed and close the darn thing.

Oh there are LOTS more, but really people, do you NEED to know how crazy I am? I don't usually tag people but I'm feeling a bit devilish today so I will tag Lelo, Kami, and Syd.

If any of you have every done this one, just chalk it up to my other weird (bad) habit of not remembering stuff.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Wow I cant believe I am first!

I hear ya sister on the bleach. I love it!

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Hmmm
how did I know about these things?
Kristine..do we know about these things?

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I have done it before, and it was hard, because I am so perfectly normal.

I love my dogs, but I cannot stand their wet noses on me. I hate unmade beds. Numbers 3,4, and 5 - amen, sister. Were we separated at birth?

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

LOL@ d's sniffer comment.

I think Macy or Rudder had some black missing too didn't they?
Swoopes will probably never get used to you doing that to him...at least he doesn't bite or scratch you though...he is a gentleman you know:)

I never make my bed...you know that though.

I need to brush my teeth BEFORE I shower. If I don't I feel unclean as I exit the shower.

Good list Woo!

Shelly

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Great list!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Oh great, my fridge is a toilet?

Another EXCELLENT reason to go out for dinner, LOL, like I need one.

A fun list!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:21:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I am so with you on the sleeping with the doors closed. I absolutely can not have any door open in my room when I'm sleeping. If my dog opens the bathroom door (most likely to drink from the toilet - ew), I will get up and close it, because I can't stand it!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, and Sandypop (or whatever her bitchass name is) is a biotch.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger Froggylady said...

These are weird habits? Uh oh...I'm in trouble.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Come to Austin.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Kami, exactly how am I suppossed to get there? My good looks will only get me as far as Northern California.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Glad y'all don't think I'm a complete weirdo; actually it sounds like you are all just as weird as I am!!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

$99 each way on Southwest, sister.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I read this early this morning, but ran out of time to comment. All day long the part about you touching animal noses kept coming to mind and giving me a little giggle! That IS weird!

We make our bed as soon as the last one of us is out of it, too. Only very, very rarely does it go unmade.

I can't sleep with the door closed, it has to be open, and the hall nightlight has to be on. If Fran's away on a biz. trip I have to have the lights on downstairs, too, so it's bright in case I get scared. Yes, I'm a chicken by myself!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are so funny. I don't find you all that odd. :)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Ok the nose thing didn't surprise mew because those of us that read Shangies blog know you are a sniffer so that it stretches to a full on nasal obsession isn't that hard to believe. I can't sleep with the doors closed but that is much more of a cat related issue. I never make my bed but I do straighten in right before I go to bed. My mom is totally in love with bleach, so a lot of my wardrobe has little white patches on them. So I try to tame the bleach use a bit. No nothing is that weird in comparision to people that are truly weird.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

We all have our weird bits, don't we? Okay, I played. but I don't think mine are as eccentric!

If Wink comes home from this week's sleepover with black missing from her nose, I'll know why....

Happy bitey face Wink and Ginger!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home