Monday, January 23, 2006

Nana Update

Thank you all for your very, very kind thoughts and loving wishes to me and my Nana.
I hope it's okay that I don't respond individually to all of you; I think you know how much I appreciate your support and friendship.

As of last night, she was improving a little. The doctors were keeping her sedated as she was very confused and trying to pull out her IV's. Finally she was beginning to be a bit responsive and was even able to gesture Yes and No. They've decreased her sedation and today is the day that they will take her off the ventilator.

The ventilator is not a long-term solution and heroic measures are not going to be used; so if she can't breathe on her own, she will not be re-intibated.

If she does breathe on her own, then she has a good chance of pulling through this, albeit a long road to recovery. That will bring up other issues I am sure, but perhaps it will be an opportunity for her as well.

I know that I will be sure to let her know how much she means to me and that she is a terrific Nana. Perhaps I will re-think addressing the gay thing with her. Not so much to address it, but to address why I didn't think it was important to address it. If I have the opportunity, I will, otherwise I know in my heart that it's okay.

I'll let you all know how it goes...you all rock so much!

UPDATED UPDATE: She's off the ventilator and doing pretty well. My Mom talked to my uncle who said that HE didn't tell dumb ass cousin Joe. Well, I don't think that he knew all on his own, so I don't know who's lying here. My mom is going to investigate more...

10 Comments:

Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Yay for Nana being on the road to recovery! I hope she will continue to improve. It's tough when loved ones are sick even worse when they are so far away

Monday, January 23, 2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

I am so glad she is improving. I know when the time comes you will know the right thing to say to her. I will continue to think good thougts for her and you through this.

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Prayers for you and Nana continue from Houston.

Love,
M-Wid

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hope she continues to improve.

(((HUGS)))

Monday, January 23, 2006 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger dashababy said...

Hello it's me .... sorry I haven't visited in awhile. I was just telling Kristine last night on the phone that I have not been reading too many blogs. I mentioned you and she said that your grandma is sick.
I'm glad to hear that she is getting a little better. Forgive me for not being a regular reader/commenter. Just know that I do care about you and will be hoping and praying for your nana.
(hugs)

Monday, January 23, 2006 3:15:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Thank you for the update.
I am thinking about you girly.
We love you.

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:25:00 PM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

Wonderful news!! I'm so glad for you and your family.
Big Hugs,
Anna

Monday, January 23, 2006 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Glad to hear she's improving. :)

Monday, January 23, 2006 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Good thoughts to you and Nana.

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

And knee pain thoughts to asshole cousin Joe.

Monday, January 23, 2006 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home