Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bird dog

I guess Ginger is a bird dog.
Tonight when she went outside she was spending a lot of time out there. I opened the door to check on her and there she sat
flinging a dead bird around.

Yes, I said a dead bird. A little blue one.
A little, blue, dead, bird. With feet and wings and a beak and everything.
Now, I know she didn't KILL the bird, but it was dead just the same and Ginger wanted to do something with it (eat it, I presume...) YUK!

Anyway, I was completely grossed out and did not want to deal with the dead bird on the patio that my dog loves at one o'clock in the morning in the cold, dark, rain.
So I left it out there, secretly hoping something would come and take it away in the middle of the night...like a coyote or something?????

Now Ginger is going BALLISTIC because she desperately wants to go outside to be with her BIRD, and she is crying and scratching at the door to get out.

Gross, gross, and grosser.

I'll never be able to kiss her sweet little, dead bird flinging face again.

UPDATE: Well, this morning I "butched up" and went out there to dispose of the little thing. In the light of day I noticed that it was actually a dark grey bird, not a cute little blue one (not that it really makes a difference.)

My dog is STILL obsessed and keeps frantically going in and out of the house looking for that damn bird.

10 Comments:

Blogger Deadly Female said...

You know, when I was growing up my family had dogs - lovely little dogs. I loved these dogs to the ends of the earth and wasn't at all squeamish about letting them snuffle my face. Until the day I took them out for a walk in the fields across from the house. And watched them eating sheep poo......

Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:59:00 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

our precious little monsters have never actually intentionally killed anything (that we know of) either, but they have attempted to bring live mice, baby possums and stuff inside to play with...aren't they special, what would Cesar say?

Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:59:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Leave that baby alone.
Brush her teeth and clean her mouth up and give her lotsa kisses.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:32:00 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I've got two of those bird killing/eating creatures. How quickly I forget their sins. Besides,they put their toungs on much more disgusting things than that that I don't even know about.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:36:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

gross Ginger Snap!!!

no, no!

S

Sunday, January 15, 2006 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

ok don't laugh but I am totally afraid of birds and so I would have freaked out. One day my loving cat went outside to play and I would often tell her to kill a bird while she was out there, she never did so everything was ok. One day I opened the door for her to go out and then I fell asleep on the couch with the door open. When I woke up there were feathers everywhere around the room, and in the middle was my Z-bear with a dead bird in her mouth looking very proud of herself. I thought I was going to die. I took to plastic bags around my hands and took the bird and threw i tin the dumpster. Thank God I have a good vaccuum for all the feathers. I still don't know how I slept through all of that.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

DF: Sheep poo? Yuk, that's even grosser.

Kylz: Yes she is sad about her bird, so, so sad.

Lee: Cesar would probably say that she was acting like a dog and not like the little princess that I want her to act like!!!

Pissy: YOU come and kiss her!

Redwood: Do you think that is true? About the dog mouths?


zoe: that's true. I'm sure I'll forgive her eventually.

Woos: Gross is right. Wanna come over and kiss her??

Cass: You didn't know I was so butch, didya?

Karin: I'm that way with mice. If it had been a mouse, I wouldn't have been able to take care of it...I would have had to call Shangie or Lelo or someone to help me out of that!!!

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Now listen, that is her way of bringing prizies to her mommy. You are supposed to act all happy and praise her, and love the dead blue birdie.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Do you have to wear a flannel shirt when you "butch up"? Hee hee.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:45:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

I think Ginger qualifies as a bird-dog only in the sense that if a big bird, like and Eagle or a large Hawk eyes that little morsel of a dog in your yard than poor Ginger becomes regurgitated baby eagle food.

Dr. H.O. Potamus - Bird Watcher

Friday, January 20, 2006 8:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home