Wednesday, February 01, 2006

As always,

you guys rock.

Thank you for your support and love and concern.
I'm okay, I really am.

It's amazing to me how putting some time and distance between yourself and a situation allows so much clarity and understanding. I've understood a lot of things about myself and about my relationship during these past six weeks or so, and even before. I've known for a long time, and it just took a few specific events to understand that what I had and what I wanted were on opposite ends of the spectrum.

If you have been a reader of my blog then you are well aware of the dynamics of that relationship and how those dynamics have been viciously cycling for over a year.
Over a year is too long and I couldn't do it anymore.
I know that she probably feels that I should have waited longer,
but it was over a year.
Over a year of my life that I spent upset and stressed and sad and unsafe and sometimes paralyzed over fifty percent of the time.
A year that I can never get back.

Was it all bad? Am I saying it was all terrible?
Of course not.
But I was not happy, and truthfully neither was she; because she was unable to move on, and without moving on, you're just not going anywhere.
I wanted to go somewhere.
And I'm going to go somewhere now.
Forward.

I loved her very much and all of those feelings and connections were real and valid and true.
It had nothing to do with how we felt about eachother.
It was the inability to do anything ELSE with our togetherness than to just feel that way.

All of this time, it was my opinion, and my thoughts that what she really wanted was to have her "relationship" with The Captain, and her "connection" with me. Unfortunately, that scenario just doesn't work in my and The Captains life.
Because of her inability to let go of that desire to walk in those two worlds, it put just a wee bit of strain on our ability to move into any other kind of relationship.

I'm eternally grateful for her support and love and for showing me a kind of love that I didn't know existed. Her love and our relationship changed who I am, and who I will be in the future, by allowing me to experience true love. Now, I'll be able to recognize it again if it happens to come my way.

The negative lesson I learned was realizing that I really am deserving of having someone truly and completely love me and want to be with me; I'll never sell myself short of that again. I'll never put up with waiting for someone, I'll never allow myself or my relationship to be disrespected, and I'll never allow myself to be second to anyone, ever.

I spent way too many years in relationships with people not being happy. I'm so over and done with that. Maybe it's bad, but I absolutely won't put up with it anymore, I'd rather be alone than to be with someone who makes me feel bad.

That's it.
I can already smell the negative comments and the hate mail. (I'm a narcissist, I don't care about anyone but myself, I'm heartless, I'm a bitch...)
Bring it on I guess, that's why I waited to talk about this until I processed it to a place where I felt okay about everything that had happened.

To the other 99% of you, I heart you bitches (that includes Gregg and Hippo too...)
Ciao.

20 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

obviously you know I will not be one of the nay-sayers. I think it is about time you took care of yourself. I am glad to see that!

Good for you!

Shelly

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:55:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

I don't think it's a negative lesson at all. Learning that you can't deal with not being truly and deeply loved is a very important lesson to learn.

Good for you for doing what YOU need. As selfish as it sounds, we're all here to help ourselves get through this crazy world. If we can help someone else in the process, that's just icing.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:41:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Good for you for moving forward. For moving towards happiness again. I'm starting to see hints of the true RSG agaain. I can see the happiness on your face and I can hear it in your voice. You've waited patiently, now go and have fun. I love you.

Angie

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

very mature, well thought out, honest... that's what comes to my mind reading this post.

anybody wanting to start something better be ready to bring it, 'cause you know we are going to jump their ass.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

I haven't known you very long but I am truly glad that you are beginning to see your own self-worth xx

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger ComputerDiva said...

You need to do what is right for you, not right for anyone else. That's what this whole process was about. . . .learning that. Now that you know what is right for you, and you are willing to settle for nothing less, go for it!!!!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Hey lady I am behind you 1000 % especially on the not taking second place to anyone ever again. Second place is so not the place to be in a relationship. You should be numero uno. You deserve it. Now go out there and get your luv on :)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger ~RN~ said...

I think it is great you are putting yourself first. My motto is to never settle because if so you could always be missing out on someone really great which isn't always the easiest thing to live by when you care for someone so much but its good to see you are strong enough to put yourself first :) big huggs!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Hehehe...now's my chance to make my move!

Seriously though, you are one of the strongest persons that I've "met" through the blogosphere...I know this was/is tough for you, but you're absolutely righ: You should never be second best in any relationship. You deserve to be #1. That's a lesson that I've come to learn over the past few weeks as well. I know that you love LBCG, but no one can make someone else happy unless they make themselves happy first. It seems like you made the right decision.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Well, have you called Gwen yet?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:06:00 PM  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

I'm glad that you've realized what you are worth! you deserve to be happy and you deserve someone who will cherish and respect you; someone who will be able to give and receive love freely.

I'm just sorry that you had to go so long without the support of this blog community. Glad you're ready to "talk" again :)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:26:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Yeh, your about the most selfish bitch I know.
Good lord.
NO BODY..YOU HEAR ME..NO BODY shall say that to you.
I will have to whip out my Pissy Stick and whip some ass.
I heart you.
Be happy.
Always.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Why I "heart" you too RSG. You can share the river with me anyday.

I liked your post. As I just had a breakup too it really resonates with me. My breakup mostly had to do with distance and the role I have to play as a non-custodial father these next few years. I don't think we ended due to lack of desire to be together but because circumstances would not allow it.

My take lately about relationships it "put on Hold" and like you, during that hold period really, really, define what I want and what I'm willing to accept. I don't suspect I'll be entering a relationship for literally years but I want to think about it and this is something I've never really done, I've always just "fallen" into them...like I fell into the river and never left.

I'd like to be in a relationship but I have too many untied loose ends and its not fair to my other priorites or the other person.

Dr. H.O. Potamus

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 3:35:00 PM  
Blogger Gregg said...

rsg- there are no right and wrong in love. You do what you gotta do for yourself. Unfortunately, no one else will. Hey, I thought we moved on :-)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:02:00 PM  
Blogger dashababy said...

RSG, I find your strength, confidence and vision very positive. You know what you want and that is very attractive. I think you're hot but then I'm married and straight, lol. You will find someone now that your path is clear. No negativity here hun, keep on keepin' on. (hugs)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

RSG, if I ever decided to "switch teams" I would have TOTALLY wanted to look you up :-) The reason being, is that you're not only physically attractive (HOTT) but you're mentally and emotionally attractive. You have *so* much to offer another person! That person should be deserving of you. They should let you know that they feel lucky each and every day to be with you.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sapphire said...

You go girl! xx

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger www.kimmy.cc said...

That's a hard leap to make, but have faith :)

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

You've got to take care of yourself before you can handle anyone else.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 8:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

HAB's: You are all my very bestest friends...

Rob: That was the longest fucking comment I have ever seen; you're quite cute...
I'll look into the Mel thing. I am sure she'll be back...plus we DO have a date for hot girlie sex in Vegas and No, you can't watch!

Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home