Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Christ the Lord has risen today...
Okay, not really but I really like that hymn.

I enjoy Easter. It's right around my birthday and it's all about new dresses, shiny shoes, flowers and candy; what could be nicer? This year is my year with the girls, that combined with the fact that I am also sharing it with the love of my life and my mother and brother, it's a good day.

Life goes through ebbs and flows of good times and bad, happy and sad.

We all experience hard times in our lives and make sacrifices to set examples or because we're following our heart of what the right thing is to do. Easter is a great story example about following your heart, doing what you feel is right, standing up for what you believe in, and ultimately making a huge sacrifice for that belief.

Whatever sacrifices or hard times that we go through in our lives, we have a great opportunity to get through it and then "resurrect" from that difficulty. We posses the gift of being able to pick ourselves up and become better, more perfect people; able to look back at that difficulty and realize that we are better for it.

Yes, it's easier said than done at times, but the opportunity always exists in our hearts, our minds, our souls, and our lives. It's up to us to decide what we choose to do with it.

Happy Easter Day to all of my Blogging Friends. I heart all of you and wish you much love and reflection today. I hope that you are able to looks at the times in your lives that you have felt "crucified" and found the strength and the grace in yourself to "resurrect" from that situation. Or perhaps you have or will in the future find yourself in the position to be able to help someone else who has felt beaten, betrayed, and hung out to die. Perhaps you will be their faithful servant, much like the beloved friend of Jesus', Mary Magdalene, and you will stand by their side, loving them.

I wish you all love and Peace.


And chocolate bunnies, of course!

7 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I hope your Easter was a wonderful one with all of your loved ones together and the Eater Bunny bearing Chocolate Gifts for one and all.

Sunday, April 16, 2006 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Right back atcha, RSG. You're a doll, and I'm so glad to know you.

Monday, April 17, 2006 4:43:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Happy Easter you HAB.

Monday, April 17, 2006 6:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Happy Easter, sister!!

XOXO

Monday, April 17, 2006 7:50:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Oh this is one of the best posts i've read today RSG. I hope you had a great Easter too and I heard Shangie was over there celebrating. I'm so jealous!

Monday, April 17, 2006 8:32:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

patticake~
We were over there the other day...not Easter cause we had to work;(
We were invited by RSG's mom though...work just got in the way.

Shelly

Monday, April 17, 2006 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unbalanced said...

This is an awesome post! Thank you, it really hit home for me. Perhaps I will be "resurrected" soon.

Monday, April 17, 2006 3:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home