Monday, June 06, 2005

My Night Out

It's a sure sign of acceptance at a new place of employment when you start to get invited out with your co-workers.

I believe that the Recovering Straight Girl has finally arrived at that place with her glamorous waitressing job.

A couple of crazy people that I work with invited me out to karaoke after work last night. I got done with work pretty early so I decided to go. We all met at a bar; I was the first one there, looking like a dork sitting there by myself drinking a beer.

There were four girls from work, one of their husbands, one of their boyfriends, one of their male roomates, and myself.

I came to find out from mikysis (my coworker who is now a new blogger,) that one of the crazy women I work with; (mikysis calls her "HotBox,") is into girls as well as boys. I never would have thought it.

As the evening proceeded, mikysis, told me that Hotbox was "sweet" on me.

Oh, Good God.

Then, to top it all off; a woman came over to our table to ask if she could see Hotbox's ass because her boyfriend said she had a nice one.

This woman seemed like a dyke to me and my gaydar went off. I looked at her and said, "YOU have a boyfriend?" She said that she was bi-sexual.

She then proceeded to hit on me the rest of the evening. If it wasn't for the fact that she was into guys too; I may have actually liked her hitting on me, she was a little bit cute and looked like Melissa Etheridge.

So, the pick-up-chicks mobile did get me noticed.

But instead of picking up normal chicks; I get, married straight women hot for me; and bi-sexual, Melissa Etheridge look alikes with boyfriends.

What's a recovering straight girl to do?