Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Thanks y'all

I got that from the Indigo Girls concert. That's what Amy says after practically every song.

I thank YOU all for your kindness and support. It's hard to always be hearing about someone's drama; and you have all been so nice to me during my hard time.

Today I stayed in bed until 1:00.
Yes the house was a mess, but the kids were fed and fine; they are capable of getting their own cereal afterall.
Two of them actually got invited to a playdate for a couple of hours and the other one went off to her friends for a little while. I had an awful headache; which was my good excuse to them.
Mostly I just laid in my bed and feel awfully sorry for myself.

I got bitched out by my former LBCG, my friend Woo, and my friend Angie for staying in bed so long.
I know, I know.
I can't do that. It's not doing me any good staying in bed and feeling bad.
I just didn't feel like I could possibly get up and actually DO anything.
I still really don't, but I did it.
I took a shower and everything.
Even shaved my legs,
and cleaned the soap scum off of my shower, (have I ever mentioned that I'm obsessed with soap scum? I hate it more than anything, well almost anything.)

I dropped off DD#3 at her piano lesson and came home to put laundry in and throw out my junk mail; I'm one step closer to paying my bills.

This afternoon I'll take the girls swimming and I thought maybe we'd get a movie for tonight. By that time, it should be time for them to go to bed, and I can go back to bed too.
It's okay to lie in bed at night, right?
That will be one more day gone.
One day closer to not feeling like this anymore.
Right?

13 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

I don't know.... I mean, I agree that lying it bed doesn't SOLVE anything, but I also think that if you're ever going to get over your LBCG, you have to let yourself grieve. Don't wallow, but deal with your emotions. Hang in there!

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:00:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

You were too depressed and were not acomplishing anything at the point that I insisted that you get up. Grieving is ok...wreaked..not ok. You were not ok & bed time needed to end.

One day, one step at a time & you will be ok honey.

And yes, you can lay in your bed at night.

*kisses*

Shelly

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

This is valerie (www.livejournal.com/~cloudedearth), not Kim. I'm using her computer and can't remember my password.

Anyway...

Bed is how I deal with my sadness too. It is such a place of safety.

Oh, by the way, it's y'all, if you really want to be correct. The apostrophe replaces the "ou". You know I'm from Texas, so I have to set you straight. ;-)

Thanks for the response to my email. I will be writing you back -- I just want time to craft a worthy reply.

Hang in there.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:46:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

No words of wisdom that someone else hasn't already said. Just hugs and to let you know that I care.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

You got it babe! We will give you one day of sleeping till 1 but don't do that shit again. Get up, have some coffee, hide somewhere and smoke a cigarette and continue on with your life.
It is gonna be OK. I promise.
You think I am crazy but I really do know this.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks Charlotte. I think really what would make me feel better is cookies...

Woo: I know. You were right. I got up and all was well. Thanks for caring enough to bitch me out, you weren't the only one!

Lisabeth: I'm honored that you would take the time out of your own struggles with your beautiful family to lend a bit of love and support to me. Thank you. My prayers are with all of you.

Valerie, I know who you are girl, just by Valerie. I changed my apostrophe, thank you for keeping my southern slang proper. I can't believe Woo didn't pick that up?
I look forward to your e-mail.

Old Woman, If you really are old, then you must be right, because you must have seen more than I...Thank you.

Sassy: No words needed; you are just sweet.

Pissy: You're not crazy... okay, maybe a little. I can't hide and have a cigarette during the day, but those little ones are now tucked in bed and you better believe that my patio and a Marlboro Ultra-Light is calling my name! I can't wait to see you.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Take care of you RSG!!!

Thursday, July 28, 2005 4:46:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

The good news;
You know you're capable of great love, because you're capable of feeling great pain and sorrow.
The bad news:
The great pain and sorrow hurts like a mother fucker.

But you're not one to live your life in the grey zone: good for you.

One step, one day at a time sweetie. You're going to make it.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:28:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sometimes laying in bed is the thing to do - I don't care what anyone says. Just don't let it get out of hand. :)

Thursday, July 28, 2005 6:51:00 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

For me, bill paying is always a good measure of my depression. IE: If the bills are getting paid on time, I'm holding steady. But, if I'm in a depressed state (which for me at times lasts up to 6 months), forget about it, I'm lucky if I even open the mail. Bills are overdue, unpaid, late fees, etc. and I couldn't care less.

Thankfully, I'm feeling better lately and even bought myself Microsoft Money to log all my bills into. It tells me when to pay them, etc. It's been great, you might try it.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending positive thoughts your way. i hope soon that you will be able to pick up the shattered pieces of your heart and get back to us...

Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:04:00 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

One day closer to feeling better. Thats the way it goes. Sorry to hear about your broken heart. It must be so hard for you to deal.
:(

Friday, July 29, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I will miss you! You better say BYE to me!!

Friday, July 29, 2005 12:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home