Tuesday, November 22, 2005

RSG's residence, searched by local police

So yesterday, I'm in Petco with FIVE children (mine plus LBCG's two DD's) when my cell phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it's my home number calling me. Assuming it might be LBCG or my Mom, I answer the phone to a strange man's voice.

strange man: "Is this RSG?"
me: "ah, yes."
strange man: "this is officer Soandso with the Scary Suburb police station."
me: "what's wrong? you're calling from MY HOUSE"

Well apparently my front door was wide open. One of my neighbors in the land of tupperware and mini-vans got concerned and called the police to investigate. Mind you, nothing ever really criminal ever occurs here; the occasional car break in, sometimes someone's wallet gets stolen or sometimes a persons lawn ornament gets taken, but for the most part, there's not a lot going on in Pleasantville.

So officer Soandso, doing his police duty searched my home from top to bottom, (hopefully avoiding my underwear drawers. . .) and then CALLED MY EX-HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!
XH was the last one to call me on my phone and Officer Soandso went throught my Caller ID list and phoned the last person who called me. Officer Soandso asked XH if we were going on a trip because he observed bags left in the hallway. (They were the girls school backpacks. . .) XH was quite alarmed and giving Officer Soandso quite the inquisition. He wanted to know who he was and why was he calling from his ex-wifes house. He wouldn't even give him my cell phone number.

I asked Officer Soandso if my dog was still there, (I meant LBCG's dog who was staying at my house.) He told me that my XH told him that I didn't have a smal black dog; so Officer Soandso called the number on the dogs tag (which is the Captains number,) to tell the owner that their dog wandered into someones house!
Can you believe this shit?
I assured Officer Soandso that the dog did indeed belong there and that as long as everything looked to be there; the crime was nothing more than my one of my kids not shutting the door all the way. I sent him on his way and hope he then got on with his life catching criminals.

When I arrived home; all I could wonder was if Officer Soandso was judging me for the three baskets of clean laundry waiting to be put away or all of the stuff all over my counters from shopping and were there any of my bras hanging on the doorknob of my bedroom?

So today, before I leave the house, it will be picked up and clean; just in case my house is once again searched by the local police.
I suggest you all do the same.

17 Comments:

Blogger Chickie said...

I was in a rush yesterday and left the big garage door open, all the doors unlocked and the computer was left on.

I think Sweety was more peeved about the computer being left on and burning up electricity than anything else!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

rsg, I believe you just defined the word clusterfuck.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Hahahahhahhaaahhaa! Officer Barney Fife to the rescue! I can't wait for AdRi to hear about this one....

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Dang,...that sounds like excitement to me. LOL
Nothing ever happens in my neighborhood.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:42:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

One day- a year ago or maybe 2? I came home to the door open... everything looked a bit odd...until I went to my room and realized all my jewelry was gone- then noticed that the bathroom basket had been stolen with assorted hair scrunchies etc in it.

I'd take a cop in my bra drawer any day over a break-in. Even my exchange student was robbed. IT SUCKED.

Just one of the reasons that I only have one necklace and 2 pairs of earrings left (they were hidden better, I guess)...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 7:11:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Holy BAT SHIT Woo!!!

LMAO...you KNOW it was possessed by aliens... DD#2...:)

Nah, I think it could have easily been any one of them.

Damn though, you got lucky!

OK, so I know you are right about nothing ever happens there but...STILL!

Geez! Glad it's all fine & that you had Ginger with you!

Shel

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Holy! OMG!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 9:00:00 PM  
Blogger Milla said...

Oh my god.. This was so funny to read about! But I guess it maybe wasn't that funny at the moment for you. That Sandro did take his job seriously anyway, you can feel safe with cops like him around :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

What a fucking mess Woo! Glad that everythings okay.

Have fun tomorrow night!

Angie

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 1:46:00 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

What a story! Pretty scary....I do not think I would like a stranger/Policeperson looking over everything in my home....I know it would be for my own good, but....it certainly would feel like a mild violation of my privacy...Many years ago when my mother was dying in the hospital in NY and I was there...I got a call from my friend who said, "Are you sitting down?" 'yes' I said..well, he proceeded to tell me that my house had been robbed, but he didn't think anything had been taken but a good sized Tape Recorder...The police were there, etc...I was 3000 miles away and just had to except what I was being told...almost 2 months later I came home and found everything as the robbers and the police had left it, including the Fingerprint stuff that the police had sprayed around!! Very surreal. And that did feel pecularly like a violation, but if really valuable things had been taken, Iwould be thanking them for their thouroughness...as it was, I was grateful for the polices actions.
I didn't mean to go on so....(lol)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 2:26:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Holy shit..What a mess that was!
What the hell did the Ex husband say?
Oh hell.
How did the front door get left open???

Good lord..that was like watching an episode of Lost or something.
hahaha!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 8:44:00 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

That is the funniest story. I can only imgagine what you were thinking when all this was going. Thanks for the laugh...Have a good Thanksgiving.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Oh my!!!

Glad all was in tact!...Hmmmmm....yes!...I had better straighten up a bit more before I leave the house today!!!!

(Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!)

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:24:00 AM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

Oh my! I know that was probably a very unsettling experience for you, but I must admit to a little giggle....

Thursday, November 24, 2005 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger dashababy said...

OMG! This is too funny. I'm glad it all worked out ok but having the cops in your home, now that is scary.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 8:58:00 AM  
Blogger Ryann said...

I'm going to giggle at this one... just cuz it seems sooo much ado about nothing

I think you have material for a seinfeld episode

Thursday, November 24, 2005 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Holy fucking shit, I'd have had a coronary.

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home