Friday, February 03, 2006

Preparing a place

"I go before you to prepare a place for you; my fathers house has many mansions."

This is one of my favorite lines from the bible. Jesus said this to his disciples when he was explaining to them that he was going to die soon. I probably should look up the scripture, but I just can't be bothered, you'll just have to trust me.

The word "mansions" translated through the Greek more accurately means "dimensions." That expands that phrase just a bit, don't you think? I usually equate this scripture when I think about death and people passing through to their next realm of existence. That there are many different places of being, and this life that we are living is just one of them, we never really die, we just move to a different spot (0r "dimension" if you will...)

Lately, this scripture has been popping in my head, giving me a different perspective.

Jesus was preparing a place for his disciples, but he was also preparing a place for himself in his new existence. We all experience deaths (changes,) in our lives, either in the physical sense or in an emotional sense all of the time. We are constantly resurrecting ourselves and beginning again. Because this is my blog and it's all about ME, I was thinking about some of those deaths (changes,) that I have been experiencing and what it means to me.

Perhaps the changes in my life that I have been through have only existed to prepare me to be in a different place within myself and my life. Perhaps the "deaths" that I have experienced are a necessity in order for me to fine my place in my own sort of "heaven."**

Jesus knew that he needed to die and leave this human experience, and he knew what was waiting for him on the other side of that; a new and different, peaceful room. He trusted that knowledge, (had faith,) and was able to go through the hard times knowing that there was a good reason for them.

I feel that way too.
My "deaths" have been lessons for me to learn, and those lessons are going to prepare me for a different place.

I had my runes read last year.
The runes said that I was in a season of waiting,
the seeds were planted but I needed to wait it out.
I think I've waited.
I'm ready for the seeds to grow.
Maybe that's why we've been having all of this damn rain...


**For the record, I don't believe in an actual Heaven or Hell; I do believe that we carry our conscienceness with us wherever we go, in whatever dimension we're in.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lee said...

that's such a healthy way to look at things RSG...I should try that sometimes ;)...your take does make all the sense in the world and realizing that you have to appreicate the shit in order to appreciate the flowers is very true...still - faith sucks and is generally hard....

Friday, February 03, 2006 9:11:00 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

This is such a thought provoking and deep post, RSG. I like how you you have processed this.

I see it more and more in my own life that we do have to go through some tough times in order to get to the great times. It makes us stronger....it makes us better...

I am looking forward to hearing how life unfolds for you and you get to experience those "heavenly" moments.

Hugs to you! ;)

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Your posts are always so interesting. I hope that your waiting period is about over.

Friday, February 03, 2006 1:25:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Seriously, this is a great post and reflection however I'm stuck on whether or not when Jesus passed did he get a mansion to rival JR's from the Dallas series.

Dr. H.O. Potamus-Soap Star

Friday, February 03, 2006 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Hippo is a nut.

I heart you, you HAB. I wish I could be there to give you a big hug, and fry you a turkey.

Friday, February 03, 2006 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

You're due for another reading my dear...but yeah...it's the waiting that is the hardest...


I got a mansion...just over the hilltop...in that bright land...where...we will never grow old...and someday yonder...we will never more wander...but walk the streets that...are pure as gold.

Whoa...I just had a baptist church flashback!

Saturday, February 04, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Oh I love coming here you always have great posts.

How excited are you your home team is at the Super Bowl! Hope they win from one Pennsylvanian to another...although I am from Philadelphia!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSG, I certainly enjoy your interpretations of scripture more than the ones I hear from my 'rents!

You're absolutely right...sometimes, there's just this waiting thing we have to do...and do....and do.... ;-) Hope your wait is almost over :)

lol @ kristine's baptist church flashback!!

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Maybe you just need a little Miracle Grow.

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

MILF's rack is on my blog, RSG.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 4:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home