Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Presidents Day Ski Trip

So I mentioned that XH is out of town for TWO WEEKS, leaving me with our evil spawn, I mean, leaving me with our adorable darling daughters for some quality time.
HG and I decided to take them skiing.
After their asking six times if we were "there" yet, we arrived...
IMG_2081
IMG_2079
Got them signed up for ski school...
IMG_2082
And they were off.
IMG_2088
We had to kill a couple of hours before their lesson, so I sent HG off to snowboard while I attempted to instruct them on how to ski. Now, be mindful that I am NOT that kind of mother; the kind who is patient and carefully explains exactly what to do (over and over and over and over again.) I'm more of the type of mother who wants to say "Are you stupid or something????" (Of course, I never say this, I just think it LOUDLY...)
But I did pretty damn good if I do say so myself, telling them over and over again HOW to get up when you fall and helping DD#3 get on the rope tow for the fifth time after she biffed it. But she DID get it, and here is the proof...
IMG_2087
Look at that form!
While they were in their lesson, HG and I had a lovely time.
Unfortunately I hit a wee bit of ice (huge ass iceberg...) and fell a little bit (Olympic syle crash...)
A nice boy got my ski for me, which was a little (50 yards...) out of my way and commented on how impressive my slide was, (yes, he watched me fall from the chair lift.) He handed me my ski and said, "That looked like it hurt." I didn't know if it hurt or not, because I was still trying to figure out how the hell I didn't break anything.
I recovered quickly (the beer we had helped...) and retrieved the girls from their lesson. DD#1 wanted to go on the lift and try the big hill, so I took her up...
IMG_2093
It started snowing...
IMG_2094
(that's snow on my face, not snot...)
She did a fabulous job and skiied like a rock star. When we got to the bottom, the little girls wanted to try too. HG took DD#3, but didn't realize that she was a little short to just ski off of the lift. Luckily HG figured it out and had her jump off. The little girls were a little slower and DD#3 got a little scared but they fared quite well.

By the time we were leaving, the pain in my elbow and my thigh where I fell was starting to make it's presence known. I got home, took some drugs and proceeded to drink three martinis while HG iced me. The martinis helped, the ice was cold.
Today, I felt like a truck ran me over, (sidenote: people always say this like they actually KNOW what it feels like to be run over by a truck when I doubt that anyone really ever survives being run over by a truck...)
Here is the result of my almost 37 year old body hitting ice on a black diamond...
IMG_2109
IMG_2114
Nice, huh?

All is all, it was a GREAT time (minus my broken elbow, thigh and ass...) and now I get to whine and complain while my hottie girlfriend tends to my injuries.
I think I can handle that.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch! looks painful, like what Kate Winslet did in Eternal Sunshine... people actually get President's Day off? I've been out of school too long... of course, it was 82 degrees here yesterday...

made your day...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

OUCHIE!!!!

Great pics otherwise...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

I once had my foot ran over & it flipped me to the pavement but I survived!

DAMN WOO...that looks painful.

I hope the HG keeps you occupied so you don't think about the pain;)

Shangie

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ryann said...

yah yah... try doing that before work. learning to snowboard, and then dance in 6" heels...


and in my line of work, to stare in the mirror at your naked purple ass wondering... what shades of makeup will go best on my bum.

sounds like a lovely weekend!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

while skiing and snowboarding sound wonderful in theory...I am afraid the reality of it all would just be too much for me...cold, wet, and the potential for injury...my dp has seen the results of too many warm weather accidents ;)

those are some excellent bruises, I bet the hurt like a mf'er ;)...hope you're feeling less sore today

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:23:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Damn..you tore your shit up girl.
The trip sounds like a lotta fun though. I would love to learn how to ski so maybe you can teach me too. Unless you are going to yell at me, then I will have to kick your ass.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:27:00 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I want to learn to ski!! I've never been. Will you teach me??!?!

Those look like some good battle scars, sister. Ouch.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:46:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Oh man, that looks sooo painful!
Fran and I talked about whether or not to try skiing now that we're back in the northeast. We decided NOT to, we're afraid we'll break something! Of course the last time I skiied was about 15 years ago, and I liked to stick to the baby hills, and would just make myself fall if I went too fast. I'm a big chicken shit! :)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

OUCH! Glad y'all had a good time. We didn't get out of school down here. And your girls are way too cute to be evil spawn!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger annabkrr said...

OUCH! Glad y'all had a good time. We didn't get out of school down here. And your girls are way too cute to be evil spawn!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:37:00 AM  
Blogger hemlock said...

I love that you took pics of your bruises. That's hot. ;)

Looks like a great time with your evil spawn...um...lovely children.

I haven't downhill skied in about 8 years. I'd like to try again, but I'm afraid. I'm so not good with the downhill.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger Chickie said...

If you have a HG, it seems it would be worth it to have a few injuries. It's always nice to be taken care of!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Ouch! You weren't kidding.
But 3 cheers for martinis and sweet girlfriend lovins!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Corina said...

your not 37 yet!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:34:00 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

LOL.

words of advise: you can't get bruises like that on the bunny hills.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

I'm a chicken too. I told Stacy if we went skiiing i wanted to make sure the place offered toboggan riding/sledding as i'd be slightly less likely to break something. That is some nasty bruising girlie, you take care and enjoy the loving attention from HG

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 10:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a good mum, taking the DDs skiing and being patient (sort of) with them! Looks like you, HG and the DDs had a great time! I'm envious (well, except for the broken bones, bruises, etc....).

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:01:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Awesome bruise! You'll have that badge for a while.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Man that bruise looks painful!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

I got run over by a truck and I'm ok. They said they had to push part of my brain back in at the scene.

My last memory was of a seagull flying off with what looked like a big ball of earthworms.

The doctor assures me I'm fine now.

Dr. H.O. Potamus-TruckStop

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

The bruise looked even better yesterday, HG took another picture.

I think I will tell people I got into a fight Curly, that's a great idea. And haven't you heard? I AM tough!!!!

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home