Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday with the kids

XH is away for two weekends in a row. I don't know if I'll survive that much quality time with my dd's, but we are certainly off to a great start. (I know you couldn't hear the sarcasm in my voice there, so I'll just note it here...)

Our morning began with an 8:00 AM basketball game. Yes people, 8:00 AM.
DD#1's team got crushed, but I did have a new starbucks flavor; marble mocha machiatto. It was swell.

After a very argumentative breakfast at Elmer's; I came home to have a short nap and then it was time to clean out THE BEDROOM of dd#2 and 3. I made them be brutal in their cleaning and they managed to get rid of this much stuff...
DSC_0005
DSC_0001
SHE'S leaving too!!! WOO-HOO!
These two live in DD#2 and 3's Room
I don't want to move this shit if I'm ever inclined to buy a new house.

DD#2 was THRILLED to be cleaning her room...
DSC_0006
Now I get to go to my glamorous waitressing job and deliver all of the Girl Scout cookies that the above mentioned offspring of mine sold, (well, actually I sold them, she just gets credit for it.)
This is what I get to take to work today:
DSC_0003
This is the order of cookies that I ordered for MYSELF, (minus the two boxes I've already eaten.)
DSC_0004
Yes I will soon be filling out those size four pants.
Very soon.

So, that's the fun on the RSG homefront.
Actually there will be a lot less fun (adult fun anyway,) than usual this weekend, and of course no strip clubs. This will give me time to ponder the feminist rantings of a certain screaming righteous feminist who disagrees with our (HG and my) fraternization of such establishments.

Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!
(Go eat some Thin Mints so you can gain weight along with me...)

13 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

"certain screaming righteous feminist"

Did I miss something? I'm familiar with the argument: I say take back the power and dance for other women. So what gives?

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Oh what a look on DD#2's face! Reminds me of myself when I had to clean my room as a kid! LOL Those "All Abouts" GS cookies are my absolute favorite!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:02:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

You're such a good mom. I think you totally rock for many reasons, but being a good mom tops the list. It's the most important thing you'll do in your life. The femenistas can yell at me if they want, I'm firm in that belief.

And somebody needs their ass kicked for scheduling a game at 8AM. That's just bullshit.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:50:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

GIRL~
You need to bring us our girl scout cookies ASAP!
Also, we just got back from seeing Jake & can tell that you didn't ever go...I'm gonna kick your ass:)

Shelly

Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

I bet that certain feminist doesn't watch The L Word either. I am like the antithisis of a feminist, so I just laugh that anyone would be ranting about the strip club thing.

Side note about girl scout cookies. A few years ago, one of the boxes had a tag line that was "the girl comes first in scouting" That just seemed so wrong to me.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 8:39:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

We got our 1st order of girl scout cookies this week also. One box is already gone. YUMMMMY.
I heart GSC.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mmmm, cookies.

and I'm right there with you on the gaining weight bit. I have donuts for breakfast today :)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:27:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Filling out the size four pants soon? Why you skinny little rat! :)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Michele in Michigan said...

The girls did a great job getting rid of stuff!! That is the hardest thing to get my kids (and me) to do.

I loves me some tagalongs--oh baby!

What did i miss? pissing off feministas & going to strip clubs? you rebel! lol

i took my hubby to one. i figured since my mastectomies, he hadn't seen boobs in ages and i forgot what nipples looked like rofl ;)

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

The look on that girl's face is priceless.

I love me some GS cookies. Yum. I'll go eat some now.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

You know, I could help take those cookies off your hands...

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

Wow I totally forgot it was GSC time, now i've got to find a GS selling them prolly outside a Wal Mart! I heart GS Cookies. You are a GREAT Mom going to a bball game at 8 a.m. I know this is selfish and I would never discourage her but I SO am hoping Madison isn't interested in playing any sports that involve me taking her to alot of practices & games. I know, selfish. I can hope can't I?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger Corina said...

we don't have girl scout cookies in Mexico and now i want some really really bad!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home