Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I was tagged; My Ten Favorite Things

I was tagged by d. to post about My Ten Favorite Things. Now d. is Canadian so she spells favorite like favourite, but I'm rebellious so I'm going to spell it the American way; favorite. (What's with all of the u's anyway?)

My Ten Favorite Things

  1. Chocolate. Chocolate of any kind, but especially chocolate mousse. I really dig chocolate mousse. (That has a "u" in it, is there a Canadian way to spell it? Perhaps it's mouusse, with two "u's"?) *I must pause here to go get my leftover chocolate mousse cake from dinner out last night.
  2. Sleeping. I really LOVE to sleep. I love to stay up late and sleep in late and then take naps. I love naps. Napping is the greatest fucking thing ever.
  3. Fancy, Sweet Martinis. Pour some vodka in a shaker, add some kind of sweet booze and a little juice, and carefully strain it into a fancy, sugar-rimmed glass. Oh yes, I love that. Cosmopolitans, Lemon Drops, Spicy Bitches, I love them all.
  4. Dancing. I love to dance, especially after a few fancy, sweet, martinis. I really like to dance to Prince and Madonna; and of course Gwen, (my girlfriend.) And now, that I'm a Recovering Straight Girl, I love to dance with GIRLS!
  5. The smell of rain on a summer afternoon. You know when it's hot all day and then suddenly it starts to rain? The cool rain hits the hot pavement and steam rises up from the ground? It makes that smell? THAT'S the one!
  6. Iced Tea. I love freshly brewed iced tea. Not that crap that comes out of a soda machine or that other powdered crap that comes out of a can or a jar; real iced tea, made with real tea and water. I like to add a SHITLOAD of sugar to mine, yum.
  7. The way my children look when they're sleeping. I love the look of a sleeping child, especially MY sleeping children. All of their pain in the assness just disapears when they are asleep, it's quite sweet. I really liked to look at them when they were babies and they would fall asleep while they were nursing; that "milk coma" look that they would have, when their eyes would roll back into their heads and they would just be OUT!
  8. Dressing up and going out. I love to dress up, in a pretty dress with pretty shoes and uncomfortable undergarments. I love to put on make-up and gussy up my hair and paint my nails, and hit the town. I like to eat in fancy restaurants, sip fancy drinks, use my "good" manners and have people look at me.
    My favorite place to dress up and go out: on a cruise. Oh, the smell of the ocean, the rocking of the boat, the lovlieness of the ship, it's so fucking amazing.
    I wish I could afford to cruise all of the time.
    Of course, now that I'm a full-fledged LESBIAN, I need to go on an Olivia cruise.
    My God, I would feel as though I died and gone straight to dyke heaven.
  9. The smell of my Lovely But Confused Girlfriend. I really love the way that she smells, I even love the way she smells if she's "stinky." I love her smell if she's clean, dirty, freshly showered or sweaty. She always smells GOOD to me, and I love it.
  10. Blogging. Okay, I'm big dork. I love blogging. I feel good when I blog, I feel refreshed, I feel energized, I feel complete in a way. I feel like things get put into perspective in my crazy, disorganized brain. I feel connected to all of you who I read and who read me. I feel a little bit important, I like it.

Okay, that's it. That's ten. Who should I tag?

I tag Merry Widow, Little Sister, Curly Girl, and Charlotte.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol @ the Canadian/British/Australian fixation on 'u'.

lol @ d.'s second comment!

I'm puzzled: sex didn't make the list?

Now you know what my #1 will be ;-)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

FUCK!
I forgot SEX!
I meant to put on sex.
DAMN!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

RSG - OMG...Shaun just asked me, "Kristine, do I even want to know what you are laughing about in there!!??"

"Recovering straight girl...*giggle* is whining about *laugh* merry widows pink blog with a crown."

"Recovering Straight Girl...Merry Widows and a Pink Crown Blog?"

"LOL, yes."

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:27:00 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

LOL!!! I just can't get enough of my new blog either.

And the "u" thing that you wrote about, RSG??? That was hilarious. I loved "mouusse." I just about peed my pants over that one.

Anywho, I'm off to my blog so that I can play too!!!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

I am with you on
1
2
6
7
& 10.

Sleeping fucking ROCKS

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:44:00 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

ACK! I was tagged and didn't even know it. Compliance to follow....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 1:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home