Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Most Boring Fucking Post EVER

Yesterday was a bit of a depressing day. I just couldn't get "happy."
I was irritated and annoyed at just about everything. It wasn't fun,
or pretty.

Unlike my typical depression though, I awoke this morning at 7:15 realizing that my daughters were still asleep and that I could be asleep as well.

Instead of sleeping, I sat in the quiet and contemplated the world.
Not too much of it to overwhelm me, just a little bit.

If I'm feeling particularly depressed, I will wake in the morning dreading the start of the day. That was not the case this morning and I was genuinely eager for the day, but grateful for the peace and quiet of the morning to lay there and do a bit of nothing.

I thought about getting up and blogging, but decided that the comfort of my bed was just a bit too much to leave. I thought about what I would do today; help out at my former LBCG's house and hang with my kiddos, (did that.) I needed to go to the bank, (I didn't,) I needed to make some phone calls, (I didn't,) I SHOULD have done some laundry, (I didn't.)
I did buy $6.50 fabric softener yesterday. For that price, I hope that it blows my mind when I DO use it.

It was fun working at LBCG's house.
It's really looking great.
Today the refrigerator was delivered. The stove and dishwasher was delivered yesterday but the refrigerator wouldn't fit. I had to go to the appliance store and pick out a new one that would fit.
So that came today, and it's starting to look like a house.

I cleaned the kitchen (again.)
Every fucking time The Captain comes over to help paint, she makes a huge fucking mess. I think that she KNOWS that I do the cleaning up and she makes a mess on PURPOSE just to irritate me. Probably not though; she IS a saint, saints don't do shit like that.

I did some painting as well; the upstairs hallway. It looks good.
Pictures will be posted soon on LBCG's site.

Okay,
this is the most boring fucking post ever.

And I've digressed from my depression story.

So yesteday I was feeling depressed.
Today I feel better.
Tomorrow I probably won't.
More of that tomorrow.

Why isn't there anything on television?

Why are there so many reality shows?

My life has enough drama; I don't need to watch anyone elses.

Besides, that's what I have all of YOU for.

Although I had the very best of intentions, this post is NOT going well.

So, I'll end with a quote:

"What seems to be a series of unfortunate events; is just the beginning of a journey."
--Lemony Snicket

Let's hope so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Funny, that is exactly how I feel about reality shows. The decline of modern civilzation. Hope your days get better. =)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 1:01:00 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

Well you could come to CALIFORNIA and spend some time here getting drunk, playing with the D70, being tacklehugged by my kids. Shaun will make you laugh for hours you can have an all around good time.

Open invite.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 7:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'll like the fabric softener...I got two bottles of the stuff at Costco last night for 8.75 (or something like that).

We all so have to go to Cauleefornia to see Kristine, et al.!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Kate: Thank you:)

D. I will take your advice, although now that lil sister told me she got it at Costco, I may need to just stock up.

Kristine: I would SO love to come, how about the end of the month for the BlogHer Convention?

Lil Sister: I'm closest to Kristine, all ya'll need to come westward-HO's.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home