Wednesday, June 15, 2005

My friends named Woo

I went over to my friend Shelly and Angie's house to help them do some shit on their computer. I took a couple pho-tos of them while I was there.

Here is a picture of me and Angie, (I call her Woo.) She is the girlfriend to Shelly (I call her Woo, too,) who was my first friend when I moved to Oregon in 1992.


Here is a photo of Angie-Woo and Shelly-Woo. (The "Woo" nickname is a term of endearment. I used to call my dog "Woo" because she was so cute and pretty, I would say "Macy is woo-woo, so-so PRETTY!) It just kind of one of those weird things that evolves and you don't really remember how it exactly started. But we've always called eachother, "woo."

When Shelly and I met in 1992, we had both just relocated to the Pacific NW. She from Houston, TX, me from South Florida. We worked together and became fast and furious friends. At the time, I was married to XH #1 (who was a BIG ASS MOTHER FUCKER.) Shelly-Woo was my BFF and really saved me from a majorly fucked-up relationship with that horrid bastard.

She then introduced me to XH#2, (but we won't hold THAT against her.) She thought that XH#2 was a great guy, (we all did,) and we all worked together for the same company. Five years after XH#2 and I were married; Shelly-Woo found out that he had been fucking around on me with not one but TWO girls who they worked with (I was at home with a four year old, a two year old and a six month old.) These two girls were very young, (19 and 20, I think.) Any-who-ha, XH#2 denied the whole thing, (lying mother-fucker,) and basically forbade me from ever having a relationship with Shelly-Woo again.

We didn't have contact for FIVE years.

When I told my XH#2 I was a lesbian and in love with a woman, and that we probably shouldn't be married again, I called Shelly; I had no one else to turn to. I knew she'd understand, (she, herself a card-carrying, girl-loving dyke.)

She's been by my side supporting and loving me every minute since I called her up that day after blowing her off for five years. Angie too.

That, my friends, is a FRIEND. A true-blue-woo-friend.

Shelly and Angie have their own blog here.

10 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Awww..what a fucking fabulous story! I will have to go check their blog out like right now.
I am glad you had someone there to help you though all this bullshit.
Now, will you please tell Kristine to kiss my fat ass.
:)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:13:00 PM  
Blogger BonnyT said...

Great story...

I, too, am proceeding directly to their blog...I am not passing Go, and am not collecting $100...

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Oh Woo, that was such a nice post.

I did think Xh#2 was a nice guy or I would have never let you marry him. You didn't mention that we were roommates for 3.5 yrs too.
I was never mad and I know you did what you had to do to survive. I loved you all of the five years that we didn't talk as much as I do now.
Don't worry bloggers, I have RSG's back....ALWAYS.

Shelly
PS I should see pics of me before you blog them though...my nose looks weird in that one:)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 6:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Pissy, you're starting to push it girl. You and Kristine need to knock it the fuck off.

Do you know who you're dealing with here? I am the mother of THREE catty daughters!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:07:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

RSG, I just have to tell you. You say no one knows you're a lesbian when they see you. MY GAYDAR FLIES OFF THE HANDLE. The hat? Yes. You're a lesbian.*




*This is a compliment.

P.S. This weekend is Pride. I hope you're planning on getting your gay on. I'll be the girl at the parade with the way-cute rainbow flip-flops I got at Old Navy 2 months ago knowing I had to have them to wear to Pride. I'll probably match my purse to them or something.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang & I plan to go to "Gay Days" this weekend...are you going? we should meet up.

S

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 8:37:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hey there - just noticed that you've linked to me, thank you!

sounds like you've got a great group of divas over here to help you through that man-mess. :)

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger author said...

hey there rsg, nice to meet you.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Been reading yours for a hour or so. Love your humor and honesty.
Love the template too.
I have clicked on most of your links here and discovered several places to revisit.
Thanks for that too !
will return,

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I am so Pride bound but alas, I need to work Sunday, I'll miss the parade.

I did manage to get off for the whole day and night Saturday though. My tentative plans are to go to the Flashdance at Ember's and besides that I'm not sure.

Lelo: I only started wearing hats after I became a lesbian...it's a pink hat though!!!!!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Lelo, I forgot to thank you for the comment about your Gaydar going off--that makes me so happy!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home