Friday, June 17, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday

I'm sorry my dear blogging friends of the internet.

I will not be participating in SPF this week.

I promise I'll be back on track next week.

Please forgive me.

I have had a very busy and crazy week filled intermittently with a bit of trauma and drama, including two more trips to the vet. Not for my toothless dog, but for my demon seed dog.

He is old, (thirteen,) and has epilepsy since he was two. His seizures have changed within the last six months or so and Wednesday he had FOUR of them. I took him to the vet on Wednesday and they sent me home with some valium, (for him, unfortunately, not for me.) Then last night he had a seizure in the middle of the night that was so severe, I do believe that he died. I couldn't feel his heart beating and he wasn't breathing. Shortly after, he started breathing and was okay.

I spent $250.00 on x-rays and blood work.
The x-ray shows that he has a bad heart and enlarged liver.
The blood work will come back tomorrow.

He has MORE drugs to stop the seizures.
And we'll see what happens.

I was hoping to have a fun weekend for PRIDE; hopefully I still will.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awwww, prayer for the pupper.

Friday, June 17, 2005 7:19:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! Like you need another drama item. I'm so sorry. Picasso is sending lots of love and hugs for feeling better..

Friday, June 17, 2005 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Poor poochy! I mean this in the most kindest way possible...regarding your dog...dirt nap time.

Dr. H.O. Potamus

Friday, June 17, 2005 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Awww..I am sorry girly!
Hope your doggie feels better soon!

Saturday, June 18, 2005 7:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your doggie is okay I really hope the medicine helps him.

Monday, June 20, 2005 5:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home