Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm cheating on TiVo

This afternoon I am starting an affair with Comcast's DVR.
It's all LeLo's fault. She introduced us to eachother. We did a bit of online dating and finally I worked it all out yesterday afternoon with Richard from Comcast.
Juan, the installer will be here between two and four.
TiVo's out,
Comcast DVR is in.

TiVo and I have been together for two years and they were a great two years, great I tell you. I was even thinking of moving to a lifetime subscription when I heard about Comcast's DVR, (from LeLo.)

Then two days ago something terrible happened.
My TiVo box had a fatal hardware problem that was going to neccesitate me to SEND IT TO TENNESEE to be switched out.
It would be TWO WEEKS without TiVo.
Hello?
The Survivor Finale is on SUNDAY!!!

That was when I decided that TiVo and I would need to "take a break" from eachother and I was going to try out Comcast's DVR. I haven't OFFICIALLY let TiVo know yet; I'm waiting to see how it goes with Comcast, and I am paid up til the end of the mont, but I'm afraid that the pros outweighed the cons and I need to try this out.
It's what's good for all of us.
(I hope...)

9 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

We have Comcast here and have been thinking about getting DVR. I don't have TIVO and if I did I don't think I would have time to watch the stuff I would record. I seriously never watch TV. I used to be an avid Survivor watcher. Nope..I used to watch Lost..nope..I used to do a lot of things *sigh*
How come you have time and I don't????You have 3 kids!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I'm so proud to be able to influence you on such important life decisions. :) Yikes! I hope it all works out...As for Survivor Sunday night, I just hope Stephanie doesn't win!!!

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

Huh?

Kami, proud owner of a VCR

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Pissy: You poor girl, I'm so sorry that you don't have time to do anything; you need a nice trip to Portland :)

Lelo: yes, this is all your fault, and I'm with you about Stephenie...

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Kami: You should spend less time deep frying turkey's and more time using modern audio-media technology.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:41:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

We have DVR but from Time Warner, we love it! Just have to watch for when shows run a few minutes later than the scheduled time. DVR (at least ours) goes by the times, NOT the show. Fran often sets it to record the next show so we can be sure to get the endings.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Cheating on tivo huh? Shame on you. What did you think about Survivor tonight and the curse of the car?

A.

Friday, December 09, 2005 1:43:00 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

I have TiVo and truly love it, plus I am do NOT lub Comcast as we have quality issues on upper channel A LOT. However I will check back to see if it's really better. Do you know if the recorder comes with a DVD burner component?

We have been thinking about getting another Tivo (there's 5 of us in the house) so maybe I'll give the Comcast one a shot.

Friday, December 09, 2005 7:35:00 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

DVR is the best thing ever. I've been trying to convert Kami. Can you believe she is still using a VCR to record?

Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home