Monday, December 05, 2005

Cross your fingers, think good thoughts

I have had a very good weekend with some great opportunities that I really hope I don't blow.

I was contacted by someone to do a little restaurant job for them; they wanted me to be a secret shopper. No problem, I can do that except that they don't have a program in place. So I offered to write a report and help develop that program. Great.

Then I get an email basically stating that they want my resume and an outlined, detailed job description of what I would like to do for their company.

Hello? Is that a fucking dream come true? Someone basically says, "tell me what you want to do for my company..."

So I put a lot of thought into it and came up with a pretty good comprehensive outline of a job I could do for them now, ramping into a more responsible position as the growth of the company dictates. (Thanks to Shelly who gave me some good info...!)

I sent it off to him in an e-mail just five minutes ago with my resume and a nice letter where I used big fancy words and sounded very important (and like I knew what I was talking about!)

Now I'm just sick to my stomach with anticipation of what he will think and where this will go. Please send me your good thoughts and send good energy that the universe will work this out exactly how it's supposed to work and I will be OKAY!!!!!

This could be my ticket to a job that I really like, am good at, and I can somewhat customize around my children and home. It also means I won't feel so dependent on XH and can feel independent and whole for the first time in eleven years.

I need you all and your good mojo.
Please bring it!

10 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

I know you can do this job Woo & I'll help as much as you need.

Shelly

Monday, December 05, 2005 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

YEA!!!!! I wish you all the luck!

((((((GOOD VIBES FROM TEXAS))))))

Monday, December 05, 2005 1:02:00 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

good vibes coming your way, southern style... deep fried in crisco and sugary sweet!

how exciting!

Monday, December 05, 2005 2:18:00 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

My good vibe mojo is your good vibe mojo.

::::crosses fingers and toes::::

Monday, December 05, 2005 8:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks y'all!! (all y'all texas people...)

I haven't heard anything yet...I'll keep you posted.

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger LeLo said...

Wow! All so exciting and VERY interesting. You never know what will happen when you put yourself out there....AWESOME! Good vibes!

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

HOLY SHIT.
Sorry I missed this.
GOOD LUCK YOU HAB@!!!!!@

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

I'm late to the good vibes party (oh that sounds like a whole other blog!), but wanted to send you good vibes! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Zoe said...

this sounds great, you are in my thoughts!

xo

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

You got it! Mojo headed your way.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 9:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home