Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Move

Okay blogging friends, I'm doing the best I can here. My computer is working VERY slow as I am "borrowing" a wireless connection from my neighbors and it has a "low" signal, making is slow go for uploading mass amounts of pictures to Flickr.

But here is our move story in pictures:

IMG_2362
This is the day we got the keys and HG opened the door for the first time. I wanted to carry her over the threshold, but she wouldn't let me! We wanted to go over and rid the house of "boy energy" before we moved in. I don't think I mentioned that we bought the house from a gay couple, we like the gay energy, just not the boy energy!

IMG_2374
Here I am smudging the house with cedar, white sage, and some other crystal type incense that smelled really good. We let it burn in the middle of the house, downstairs and upstairs, and smudged with the white sage in every room and every corner. (boy energy knows how to hide places...)
IMG_2368
Empty, clean house. This is the dining room looking into the living room.
IMG_2364
Me in the kitchen looking hugely fat. Since being with HG I have gained about forty to fifty pounds. Luckily she likes me however I am.
IMG_2363
HG is so freakin cute!

It's moving day!
IMG_2377
We know how to start the day off right! Unfortunately these bloody mary's were NOT made by Hottie Mama (HG's Mama.) They were pretty good though!
IMG_2382
God bless movers.
IMG_2385
Right after the movers left, our friend Darcy brought us pizza and beer, and our first housewarming card!
IMG_2398
Ginger and Abby came to the new house later that first day. They were quite excited sniffing everything. Here Ginger just looks confused.

Pictures from this morning:
Shelly came over yesterday and helped us unpack. My goal was to get all of the boxes out of the downstairs, which I achieved thanks to her. Of course I had to listen to teasing from she and HG about how many sets of matching salt and pepper shakers I have. Don't those silly girls know that you need a set for each guest at your dinner party? Not to mention the ration of shit I got for my gold charger plates. Kami, help a girl out here?
Dining Room:
IMG_2412
Into the Living Room:
IMG_2413
Kitchen:
IMG_2417
Yes, those are post-it notes labeling where I want everything to go in the cabinets. I also labeled every room with one as well as all of the furniture, (for the movers.) Yes, I know, don't even say it.

That's it for now. You'll have to wait for the upstairs. The family room is about done, but the bedrooms and the office are a hellacious mess. Goal today: Put away my damn clothes that are all over the closet on the floor and in baskets!

Finally I must make a shout out to new readers. First, my soon-to-be-mother-out-law and my soon-to-be-sisters-out-law. I do crazy things when I drink tequila in Mexico, like give out the name of my blog to people that I SHOULD be being on my best behavoir with. One promise I will make: I will not draw ANY diagrams, charts, or graphs explaining who I am. I will, however, blog about it to the entire civilized world with an internet connection.

Second, to my sweet friend Lauren and her sweet husband Spencer and their sweet baby Ella. They were one of my favorite couples when I was a doula and I found their blog by googling myself, (remember, I'm a narcissist.) They moved far away to Missouri, so I am excited to keep in touch with them again through the blog world. Maybe someday soon, I'll write a post about them!

That's all for now, Shangie is bringing us lasagna later and my Mom is cutting out of work early to come over to see us. The sun is shining in Portland and we are looking forward to another great day!
(I know, it's just gross how chipper and happy I am...)

26 Comments:

Blogger Kami said...

Hey, she loves her fabulous waitressing job, dumbass.

OMG. That house is way too damn cute. I LOVE THOSE WOOD FLOORS!!! Yes, get the boy energy OUT!!!!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:40:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Hey chicka!

The house looks fabby. Can't wait to see it tonight. The lasagna that MY hot girlfriend made is awesome. She made one for you guys and one for us....we ate it last night ....yummy!!!

No Woo, it isn't gross how happy and chipper you are. It just means that you are finally in a happy and loving relationship. See this is what Shel and I have been telling you about. Enjoy!

See ya later tonight.

Angie

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:48:00 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Yay for cohabitation. Yay for clean houses. Yay for pizza and beer.

smooches to you

Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Looks fabulous so far!
Didn't you say the girls would have their own rooms now?
I just LOVE it.
You HAB

Thursday, April 27, 2006 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Kate Giovinco Photography said...

your house is beautiful congratulations and I will say you do not look fat at all!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Wow! Great house, and your GF is just the cutest thing.

Can we still say shit and fuck here now that the out-laws will be reading?

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

LUV the house girlie! Still giggling about "ridding the boy energy" I am so happy for you
P.S. You do NOT look fat.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

You both look beautiful and happy, and I'm so glad to see that. I'm loving the postit notes. Way to maximize the assistance!!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

The house looks beautiful! Fitting for the two of you...

And you don't look fat by any means.
I love that you are so happy now!!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger The Devil said...

Congrats to RSG & HG! I've been reading your blog off and on, and I am very happy to see that ya'll found a beautiful house. I love all the pictures. They are wonderful!

May the house bring you many beautiful memories together.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Johnny Blogger said...

Hold on here..

"We wanted to go over and rid the house of "boy energy"" ooooh

that precise dissection that removes the boy but keeps the man energy...I got it now.

Hi Ginger...here ginger...

Dr H.O. Potamus

Thursday, April 27, 2006 1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

What a great looking house-- especially the kitchen with you in it!! We may have to start calling you HRSG. Hottie RSG. Charlotte will be so jealous that you have salt and pepper shakers for each guest. We don't even have a dining room and that girl has 8 table decors-- she loves a fancy table!
Best wishes to you both and much blogger love!!!!!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 4:06:00 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

Beautiful house!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Two things:
1. That house is bad ass, girl. I love it.

2. If that is you with extra weight on you, then I so freakin hate you.

No I don't. But I tried to hate you, you skinny witch.

Have I mentioned I love the house??

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Love the house! I had to laugh out loud about the post-it notes. Sounds just like something I'd do!

Congratulations to you and HG and the new place.

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

It looks fab. so far! Can't wait to see teh rest of the pictures! I may have to steal that sticky note idea if we have Fran's mom with us when (if?) we move again this summer.

Friday, April 28, 2006 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Deadly Female said...

How bloody exciting!

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

1py23: Kami is right I do love my glamorous waitressing job; or are you my XH in disguise???

Kami: You didn't back me up on the gold chargers girl? You need to get my back in times like these.

WooS: The lasagna rocked! Glad you came over last night.

Blu: You'll have to visit soon!

MeL;; Thanks girl!

Pissy: They could, but we're using one room for an office. DD's 2 and 3 are sharing but their room is twice as big as their last one. Plus they have a big family room upstairs to use for watching tv and games, etc.

TBG: Thanks, and thanks!

Syd: Well girl, if they're reading this and read me writing about pussy and sex and strip clubs, I think shit and fuck are just fine!

Patti: Thanks,I know, I know, I'm fine, just a little bloated, yes that's it!

TJ: You'll have a nice place to stay when you visit this summer!

Laurie, Lucky Lum, and MILFIE: Thank you girls!

Hippo: The man energy is gone too!!!

Rob: I love your long comments, you're so sweet. And if you want to be an honorary lesbian, the proper terminology is "Lesbian Identified Male."

Sue: Now I'll know what to buy you for Christmas!

Adrienne: Yes, I was complaining, now I'm complaining again, all I do is bitch and bitch!

SFG: I've gained about eight pounds really, my pants are a little bit tight!

Chicke: Thanks girl!

Lisa: Thanks. Yes, post it notes are awesome!

SassY; Thanks and I will get the pictures up when the upstairs is more put away!

DF: I hope you and your girl get to do the same thing soon!

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:47:00 PM  
Blogger Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Found my way here thanks to a reference to you on Kristine's blog. That cast of characters list is a great idea for us cryptic bloggers...actually I think I prefer the term discreet;>

Anyway, the house is wonderful. You are definitely not fat, and I, like Rob, do not believe there is 40 or 50 pounds extra there. Ginger is super cute, too.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 6:31:00 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

hey RSG, the new place looks great...very homey...we sage anytime we move and FYI, even I know the importance of a charger when setting a table to impress ;)

Sunday, April 30, 2006 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Gregg said...

MSG- congrats to you and HG. and about that boy energy. It seems to follow me whereever I go, and I seem to be doing very well ;-) gregg

Sunday, April 30, 2006 8:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, you lovely, adorable couple! It's a lot of work to move, and I think you must really love each other to jump into it like this! I'm so happy for you. This is just what you needed, RSG, and I bet you're just the thing HG needed, too!

I'm so happy for you I could just jump up and down! (but it might hurt my back ;) so I'll just say I did and don't,.)

Congratulations again. I wish you and HG more happiness than you ever imagined possible!

*hugs*
lil sis

Monday, May 01, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

Hooray for the new house! Sue was right... I AM jealous about the salt and pepper shakers. That rocks! Oh, and I would totally defend your gold charger plates. They are a NECESSITY. :-) Congrats again.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:53:00 PM  
Blogger Charlotte in Pa said...

PS - I almost pissed myself reading Kami's response to the spammer. Very funny!

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Whyme said...

LOVELY new house. Lovely ladies. I sense years of happiness coming....

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 11:49:00 PM  
Blogger Maria's Space said...

What a lovely home. I hope you have many happy years there. Congrats on blessing your on home. I did something like that when I bought this home and have thankfully had pleasant experiences thus far.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home