Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Managing the mahem

Busy is an understatement to describe my life at this time. I suppose that I have impeccable timing when it comes to moving because we decided to do it at the busiest times of my childrens year.

Forget about the boxes for a moment, (although for me, this is difficult as I am looking at about twelve of them in our office...) My children's school activities have been insane. They have been going on field trips like you wouldn't believe, DD#1 has had a HUGE state project that was turned in today, and DD#2 has to do a report on a country. Plus, end of year concerts, choir concerts, recorder concerts, piano recitals etc. And to top it all off; they are ALL THREE playing softball which equals SIX softball games PER WEEK. Yes, we have softball games every day that we have the girls, two each on M-W, and one each on T-TH. And it's not like the games are here in the town that we live in, oh no, that in itself would be way too convenient. We travel for most of the games, to other towns, far, far away.

And some people wonder why I don't have a full time job right now???

I'm not exactly sure how I manage to get myself into thses things. It always seems like a good idea at the time, softball is good exercise for kids, right? School is a good thing for them too, right? Having them in the first place? That was a little out of my control, but we went with it.

When you're handed that baby for the first time and you look at how cute and little they are, you don't realize that in just a few short years you will be broke and exhausted from their damn schedules. DD#3 told me yesterday that she wants to take gymnastics. DD#2 said that she did too. DD#1 signed up to be in band next year and play the clarinet.

What the hell happened to me and how did I get all of these children????
How do I make it STOP???

Someone please remind me that they grow up fast and before I kow it they will be off to college and out of the house, (and I'll miss them??)

Remind me that all of this activity (and my involvement,) is going to make them good, solid, responsible, and productive members of society. Remind me that if they weren't so active, they would probably be addicted to potato chips and video games and end up using drugs and getting pregnant at age 13.

Because after sitting in the cold watching two hours of VERY painful softball games four days a week, I might forget.

My goal was to have every box out of the house by today.
That is not going to happen.
Eventually softball season will end, I guess I'll contend with those boxes then. Perhaps at that time my well adjusted, non-bored, non-video-game-addicted children will be able to help me.
I'll try to remind myself of that possibility.

12 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I think the fact that you get your kids involved in shit other than Playstation 2 shows how devoted you are. Too many moms use that shit like a babysitter.

You rock. :)

The boxes will be gone soon enough.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 9:37:00 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

You're a great mother. Physical activity is SO important.

Hell, we're just in pre-school and soccer, with ONE kid, and I am beat. I don't know how you do it!

I found it best when we moved this last time to set a daily goal of five boxes. If you went over, fine. But get your five boxes done, and you're good. :)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Good lord, just reading that made me tired.
This is why I had one SPAWN.
Surely I will be able to keep up with her.
You are a fabulous mother you HAB.
HUGS and have fun eating hot dogs at the softball games.
Do they have games on weekends when Mr. Ex Dickhead has them?
Sorry, did I say that

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

God bless you and your 6 softball games a week.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and I love it! Congratulations on your new home, and sorry about the billions of softball games! You'll be happy soon enough, when school's out and things have settled down :)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger the determined dieter said...

We're in May, right? So what's it, another month or so of school and sports? 30 days (maybe less). And then it'll be over. And then you will be secure in the knowledge that they are not TV-addicted snack-eaters. And look on the bright side: you have your lovely new house and HB is in it! You have accomplished so much this year, you should be very proud.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:09:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

In 10-15 years the kids won't remember the boxes around the house or dust or anything like that. They'll remember their awesome mom who took them to their games and other activities, and was always there cheering them on. That's the stuff that really counts. :)

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:52:00 PM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

I say let them play video games & eat chips...LOL!


See, this is why I don't have kids!

Shelly

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:24:00 PM  
Blogger Kelsgarden said...

I completely relate AND I ONLY have 2 DD! We too are going through the whole clarinet, recorder recitals thing - plus fencing, tae kwon do, piano - and "I want to take tennis lessons"

THIS IS a full time job!

Just remember to take your days off and vacation time! LOL

Thursday, May 04, 2006 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG...I have a few more than you and I don't have to do that much!!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Monogram Queen said...

My hat is off to you, I am selfishly hoping Madison does not play softball/baseball/tball etc. I don't want a potato chip eating, videogame addict though.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Zoe said...

Kudos to you for even trying to keep up with such a hectic schedule.

I'm glad that mine is happy enough home and reading at the end of the day, with homework and school stuff I have to do- there is no way I'd make it through one soccer season let alone any type of lessons!

Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home