Saturday, April 09, 2005

I'll keep plugging along

I suppose that I am moving right along with things. I'm recovering from the shock of John losing his job and trying not to panic too much about things. He doesn't seem to be too upset about it and seems pretty confident that things will work themselves out, so I'll try not to worry either.

I sent out 24 resumes to different places that I may be interested in working part-time until I figure out what to do next. It feels quite strange to me, but I did it and now I need to just wait and see. I haven't worked "for" anyone in so long, it all seems weird.

I attended the birth of one of my re-peat clients the other day; she had an amazingly fast birth, and I feel almost guilty taking money from them. It was a beautiful birth and all was well with them all. I feel quite relieved not to have to be on call anymore and I feel good about my decision to completely scale back my practice to repeat clients only. I think that I'm making the right decision... not having a partner to be here to look after my children if I need to work makes a big difference in my ability to practice doula work. Since I don't know from one day to the next what my relationship status is, it's better that I not rely on anyone to help me out in that area. I know that I can always return to my doula work when I want or need to, until then, I will just have to trust the universe that all of my potential future clients will be well taken care of.

I have a day today without any plans and with really nothing to do. I'm sure I could find a lot of things to do, but I really just don't feel like it! I'm afraid that I'm just not all that productive lately and I kind of look at it, that I should just enjoy it now because my time off is quickly coming to an end. So I will return now to my ever important job of doing a whole hell of a lot of nothing, and I'm sure I will do it well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just started this blogging thing today. I was clicking along from blog to blog and yours struck me.

I had an experience similar to yours last year (I fell in love with someone already a part of my life) and our decision was to stay with our current partners.

I see this person frequiently now (although not as aften as I used to) and although I am generally happy with my decision, I often wonder what life would be like had I taken a different route.

I often have depressed days and when my current partner and I have difficulty it is hard not to make comparisons between two vastly different potential mates.

I really feel for you and wish you well as you continue on your journey... take care of yourself!

Saturday, April 09, 2005 4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home