Thursday, June 30, 2005

Dreaming of the BlogHer Conference

So I've been pondering how I could pull of going to the BlogHer Conference in Santa Clara, CA at the end of the month. I found out that I can fly to Sacramento for only $133.00 (if I book SOON,) I think I can pull off taking the time off from my glamorous waitressing job, I would really like to go! But, I think I may be pondering a bit too hard.

Last night I had a dream that I was at the conference. But for some reason, my mother lived there. We were all staying with my mom; Pissy, Kristine, a whole bunch of people. It was the night before the conference and we were all hanging out at my Mom's house, it was a BIG party.

The Sarcastic Journalist arrived.
She brought her baby.
Then she left.
And left her baby.
With ME!

Now, I'm fine with babies, I have had a bit of experience in that department; but I was little put off that she left her sleeping baby with me to watch while she took off to go God knows where. She said that she would meet us at the conference at noon the next day and that I could bring the baby with me there to return to her. She left bottles and instructions. I remember saying to someone, "I don't know if I remember how to mix up formula," but then I remembered that it was one scoop of powder to every two ounces of water."

Then, she called the next morning and said that nothing good was going to happen at the conference THAT day and she would just show up the next day. I have NO idea where she was, but she was completely content leaving her baby with me to take care of. Luckily, in the dream, the baby slept the entire time. Which if my memory of babies serves me correctly, that's not usually so much the case.

We were at the conference and I was attending to the baby; someone commented about how cute my baby was. I looked at them and said, "Well, yes, she is cute, but she's not my baby. She's the Sarcastic Journalists baby, she left her with me." At that moment, in my dream, it dawned on me that I was attending to the Sarcastic Journalist's baby and I didn't even know the Sarcastic Journalists, REAL name. Then I said to the person I was speaking to,

"I am SO blogging about this tomorrow."

So from my dream, I have concluded a few things:

If you go to the BlogHer Conference and the Sarcastic Journalist is there, and she has her baby with her; be very cautious if she asks you to look after her.

I really NEED to go to the BlogHer Conference.

I really need to NOT go to the BlogHer Conference.

I need to lay off the mind-altering drugs before bed.

One of the above.

In FINAL conclusion: Although I don't know her at all, I'm sure that the Sarcastic Journalist is a very lovely person and a wonderful mother and would never dream of leaving her precious baby with a complete stranger whom she didn't even know her real name, or write a run-on sentence like the one I am writing now, because afterall, she is a journalist. So please don't judge SJ, her character, or her mothering abilities by my very strange sub-conscious.

16 Comments:

Blogger Random and Odd said...

OMG...you are one funny ass chick!!

If you want to fly down here we can go if you wanna go.

We can drive to Santa Clara and go to Great America and ride rollercoasters all day!!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Torrie said...

You should go. I would if I could.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger ElisaC said...

You should go because I really want to meet the woman who has a dream like that!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:29:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Oh Woo...You should go.

Kristine will look after you & you'll have so much fun!!!! Go Woo go!!! Take a break & go meet all of these people...you know you want to:)

Take pictures if you go (like you wouldn't)

Thursday, June 30, 2005 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Now why is it my dreams are never that interesting, and I never remember nearly half of what you just described? Sheesh, you sure do have some weird dreams! LOL

Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger The Merry Widow said...

Ha! That was too funny! BRW, I've had the pleasure of meeting Sarcastic Journalist's baby and I must say, she is totally a cutie patootie.

Also, I think that you and Kristine are like kindred spirits or something because I think she once had a dream that she had to take care of Dooce's baby.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 1:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

I've always said that Kristine and I were kindred spirits. I swear, I didn't know about her Dooce dream! I'm sure SJ's baby is quite cute, she was in my dream, and very quiet too.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 4:00:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

You so MUST GO to that shit. I WANNA COME! It is nice that you dream about me..hahaa!

Thursday, June 30, 2005 6:49:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

BlogHer? Wow, never heard of that before. Interesting. Hope you get to go! :)

Friday, July 01, 2005 6:48:00 AM  
Blogger lemming said...

If it's less than $150 for airfare and you have someone to watch the girls in safety, I say go.

Friday, July 01, 2005 1:53:00 PM  
Blogger lemming said...

P.S. Great site - keep blogging. One need not be a talented writer in order to have a lot of good things to say.

Friday, July 01, 2005 1:54:00 PM  
Blogger s said...

I laughed out loud when I read this piece. What a dream and you wrote about it very well.

I applaud run on sentences...
since I am a terrible writer.

And if you are accepting vote's..
I think you should go.

Laughing,
Sarah

Friday, July 01, 2005 2:50:00 PM  
Blogger www.kimmy.cc said...

Pretty funny when we start dreaming about blog friends, isn't it? LOL

Friday, July 01, 2005 8:35:00 PM  
Blogger S said...

My child was quiet? Can I live in your dream?

I'd like to go to BlogHer but I think it'd be like a zillion dollars to go.

If by some act of God I do go, I will not be bringing that kid so you're off the hook.

Thanks for dreaming of me. I'm embarrassed and flattered at the same time :)

Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Pissy, Lish, Sassy, Sarah, Lemming: Thanks. I'm still pondering. I'll go if Kristine goes...

Kimmy: Well, I guess it's funny, or I'm just CRAZY!

SJ: Yes, she was quiet, and slept a lot, which is good because I was partying! If you go (I don't think it's a ZILLION dollars, that may be a wee exaggeration,) but if you DO, and bring her, It's fine; you just may want to re-think ME watching her.

Don't be embarrassed, hopefully you don't think I'm some crazy dream stalker!

Saturday, July 02, 2005 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Random and Odd said...

TWICE! I have TWO dreams about having to watch Leta.
I guess that's the 'having to sit at the kids table' part of my life.

I always get some sort of revenge. Teaching Leta to talk without an accent. I think I got George stoned in the backyard in the other one. I did SOMETHING bad. SEE! I'M NOT EVEN SAINTLY IN MY DREAMS!

So for BlogHer. Seriously...if you wanna go...let's go. I'm not that far away. I'm in Sacramento and it's not that long of a trip.

I've got a map.

Sunday, July 03, 2005 6:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home