Sunday, August 28, 2005

Day Seven of the Trip

Left Ogden Utah this morning, but before leaving I went to the restaurant for coffee while I waited for my bro to shower and get ready (which as I mentioned, takes a while...) So I asked to be seated near a power outlet because I forgot to charge my laptop battery but they didn't have a table near an outlet. Instead I got sat in a booth where I sat down and saw that my server was a lesbian. Yes, another lesbian spotted in Ogden, in the same restaurant. It must be where all the local lesbians hang because when I was leaving I spotted two MORE in the waiting area waiting to be sat, probably in Andrea, my lesbian servers section. I was packing up my stuff into my laptop bag after paying the check near the lesbians in the waiting area and I yanked out my Advocate magazine. That is when one of the lesbians asked if I was from out of town. I said yes, that I was from Portland and gave her the short version of my trip. She asked what I did while I was in Ogden and I replied that I had not done anything in particular. It did not occur to me until later that perhaps I should have asked if I had missed something fun. Then I was mad at myself for not Google searching the Ogden, Utah lesbian hot spots. All I did last night was watch the TBS version of My Cousin Vinnie with all the curse words bleeped out. If I had known that Ogden was such a lesbian metropolis, I may have ventured out into it and met up with some Ogden lesbians. There are a lot of them from what I found on my short time there.

So regretting not taking more advantage of my Ogden opportunity, we left a little after ten in the morning. The speed limit through beautiful Utah and into Idaho is 75 so I was easily cruising around 90. It is really fun to go 90, now I know what a race car driver feels like, well maybe not, but kind of. Utah is so pretty. I really liked it there, not enough to relocate my family there mind you, but I kind of wish I had a friend to visit there. Speaking of friends. As I mentioned in my last post, Toady Joe has been am awesome friend to me on my journey, frequently checking in with me and offering us her home to stay with her. Because of my very fast, breaking the law driving, I was making much better time than I imagined, so I found myself approaching Toady Joe's home right after lunch. Really it was too early to stop for the day so we decided on a lunch and a visit. Toady Joe directed me to her house where I met her very nice and handsome husband and her two Dalmatians and her frog. She has a lovely brick home that was quite immaculate. She presented me with a beautiful, rainbow-y scarf that she knitted for me and gave me the tour of her home. I of course, being lame, did not have a gift for her. Why I did not learn my lesson from Little Sister, I do not know. We decided to go to a local place for lunch, near where we needed to get back on the highway. Toady Joe invited her son and we had a lovely lunch and a wonderful visit. She is so very, very sweet and nice. Very, very nice. Her husband underhandedly commandeered the check and paid it before I could get my hands on it. So not only did she extend her hospitality, and knit me a scarf, she also bought me and my brother lunch. How nice is that?
And me, without a gift.
Loser.
I am going to make it up to her though, when she comes to visit me in Portland, which better be soon.

After we left nice and sweet Toady Joe and her handsome husband and her very nice, bass-playing son, we were off on the open road again. As I write this, we are just west of Pendleton, Oregon. We are less than 168 miles from home and although I imagined us staying another night on the road, I am now thinking that I do not think I can be this close to home and stay away. My brother is driving right now, (obviously, since I am typing, I am not THAT good of a driver,) and I think I will wait till I have to pee again, (which should be any time now,) and take over the driving until we get home. My brother thinks that I have a medical condition that causes me to pee so often. He thinks that I should see a doctor and wonders if our mother knows about my condition.) I tried explaining that I am a woman who has borne three children and consumed mass amounts of coffee and iced tea today, but he is still concerned.

When I post this, I will be home. It is hard to believe that I left Portland less than a week ago and here I am just a few hours away driving home. It was so good to be home in Pennsylvania, and now coming home to Oregon.

I am too superstitious to assume I am going to arrive home safely, so I will just leave this post with the intention of finishing it when I get there and before I post it.

You know what?
Dorothy was right.
There really is no place like home, and I have had such a great time visiting my old home and bringing my brother into his new home with my mom and the girls and I in Oregon.
His journey is just beginning and I hope that he will be happy here with us.

I am home safe and now going to post this...
Happy to be home.
Happy to see my sweet girls and my dog.
Happy to see my Mom.
Happy to see my former LBCG.
Very, very happy to sleep in my own bed.
GOODNIGHT!

15 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Woo~

I'm glad you msde it back safe & sound.
I'll call you when I get back from Seattle.
Welcome to Portland lil brother!!

Shelly

Sunday, August 28, 2005 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger ToadyJoe said...

Welcome home, Sunshine (and C)! Thanks so much for your visit, and I'm delighted that you didn't have a gift... because now I get to come see you - if only so you can repay me... *grin*.

And... you little hottie. Be lucky I'm married. <-- I can say that, now that you're safely out of town!

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

Glad you're home safe! I have to pee all the time, too.

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:58:00 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

YEAH! Glad you're home safe and sound. I truly enjoyed "traveling" with you on your trip. Thakns for sharing!

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:22:00 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip!

Wanted to let you know that I have had to change the address for my personal blog (American Oblivion). It can now be found at

http://americasoblivious.blogspot.com

Take care,
Sublime

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So glad you made it home ok. Your trip sounds so nice. :)

Monday, August 29, 2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

YOUR HOME!
Woo Hoo!!!!
Glad you had a fun trip.
Just so you know, I am not bringing Kristine a gift when we go either.
;)
Maybe I will let her bum a cigarette or something.

Monday, August 29, 2005 12:57:00 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

You know, they don't tell you that after the children are born that you STILL have to pee all the time!
glad you mad it home safely, and had a great time.

Monday, August 29, 2005 2:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Woo's: Thanks for the welcome home; and you be careful on your Seattle day trip.

TJ: I will have something for you when you come for a visit; and knock it off with the "hotty" comments, you'll make me blush...

Kami: Thanks, I'm just a big pee person, can't help it!!

Soozie Q: Thanks, it was fun blogging across America, glad you enjoyed it!

Sublime: Thanks, although I'm sorry I missed having dinner in Omaha with you!

SFG: Thanks, I hope you get home soon yourself!

Pissy: That is soooo generous of you; I MIGHT let her bum a cigarette...Have you heard from that Ho? I hope she remembers to pick our asses up from the airport!

MMC: I know, I know. But being pregnant was far worse than my bladder in the non-pregnant state.

Monday, August 29, 2005 4:35:00 PM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Naw I ain't heard from that biatch either.
I just cussed her out on her last post though.
She is busy cleaning her house or something I reckon.
Too busy for us I guess (crying..hard)

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:59:00 PM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Glad you had such a good trip, and wonderful experiences along the way.

So was the Advocate your "secret gay handshake"? LOL!

Monday, August 29, 2005 6:05:00 PM  
Blogger ColinKlinkert said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Monday, August 29, 2005 6:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks Charlotte, come back any time.

Pissy, we need to get in touch with that Ho.

Sassy: Yes, my Advocate was my "secret handshake" you should try it!

Wow, I need to clean up this spommit.

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:03:00 PM  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Girl, I have to pee all the time too! Tell your bro if he had a uterus he'd understand.
Question, how did you know the ladies in Ogden were lesbians? Do you have radar for that?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Lucky Lum: Yes, I have radar for that. It's called Gaydar and I actually have very finely tuned Gaydar. The women in Ogden though; pretty obvious dykes...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home