Saturday, August 27, 2005

Day Six of the Trip; Continued

So I am using the new Word for Blogger program. I so far like it; we'll see what happens when I try to post it. I really dislike Blogger's spell check program. It’s really not worth even using.

Today we traveled through Wyoming. Right in the middle of Wyoming is; well, really there isn't much except some beautiful terrain and lots of hills and mountains to look at. A lot of wind mill-power things, those are cool, and solar panels. No cell phone reception, which made me sad because I was hoping to check in with the girls. I really miss them a lot. They come home from California tomorrow and will be with my mom on Monday until I get home. I hope that they had a great time, I just really miss them.

This countryside is amazing.

As we continued on through Wyoming, (elevation, 8,600 feet,) the terrain began to change into less mountains, more colors, hills, small trees. It was difficult to breathe when we stopped at the rest stop. I still feel dizzy from Boulder yesterday.

We entered into Utah without any fanfare, there wasn’t even a "Welcome to Utah," sign. Utah is a beautiful place, absolutely stunning. The mountains and scenery looks more like a portrait than real life. I've been taking a lot of "road photography," You’ll be amazed at the beauty of it all.

We are presently safe and sound in Ogden, Utah. I was a little afraid of Utah, but upon arriving we went right to the restaurant near the hotel for dinner. At the restaurant, I saw five lesbians. Yes, FIVE lesbians. Right here in Ogden, Utah at the Best Western. There was a couple sitting at the first booth at the restaurant and then three women walked past our table leaving the restaurant. I wanted to wave and introduce myself, but I thought they might freak out a bit.

Tomorrow we are off to Idaho. I will be getting in touch with Toady Joe. She's been so great, calling and checking on me during the trip. I didn't have cell phone reception until we got in so I will be calling her tomorrow to arrange our rendezvous. I wonder if she'll let me take a picture of her in her bathrobe, like Little Sister did. I’ll have to ask her.

4 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Dang Woo, you are truckin right along!!

We are going to Seattle fo rthe day on Monday so I won't be around.

Be safe.

Shelly

Saturday, August 27, 2005 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

I'm enjoying your trip!

Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:04:00 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

sounds like a good ride thus far.
i always remember how gorgeous the mountains of utah were. amazing.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 7:43:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Damn, I feel like I am traveling with you!
So you get home on Monday and leave again on Thursday to SEE ME and K.
You are one traviling lil' ho.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 1:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home