Monday, August 22, 2005

It's Day One of the Trip

I arrived in Pittsburgh almost on schedule. I was one tired girl. The red-eye sucks ass; especially when there is a SCREAMING BABY on the plane.

Thank God for the Widmer Hef and the Xanex that I took right before getting on that bitch; otherwise I would have been in HELL. I was able to sleep a bit and then on my second flight I was able to sleep a bit more.

My Dad picked me up from the airport. I haven't seen him in five years. We went by my Pap's house; which was basically completely emptied. My relatives didn't leave much for me to have, but I was able to get the very one thing that I wanted that no one took.

My grandparents candy dishes.

I loved those candy dishes. They were the first thing that I would see when I walked into their houses and they were always filled with gum drops and circus peanuts. Remember circus peanuts?

At every garage sale I attend, I look for candy dishes that make just the right clunk when you put on the lid.

I never find them; and now I don't have to look anymore. I'm really excited.

When we arrived at my Dad's house I got to see my sisters. I haven't seen them in five years either. They are so big now; eighteen and off to college and sixteen. Really nice girls. We went to lunch and then hung out for awhile. My sister Kara had to go to soccer practice so I rode along and took my sister Megan (the college freshman,) to Costco to buy her a DVD player for her dorm room. It was fun.

Tonight we just hung out and watched a whole bunch of reality tv shows that I didn't know existed. Megan and Kara turned me on to The 70's House, Growing Up Gotti, and Laguna Beach. Who knew?

I'm very tired my blogging friends on the internet; up all night does not do a body good. Plus, Laguna Beach isn't quite over, I need to see what happens next...

I'll check in when I can.

Peace to y'all.

8 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

It sounds like you've had a busy time since you arrived. Your sisters are so young! Did I miss this tidbit in a blog entry somewhere?

I hope your road trip is a good one. Road trips can be so good for the soul, and I hope that yours is great!

Monday, August 22, 2005 7:37:00 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Valerie: I probably never mentioned it. My relationship with my father is not one that I give a whole lot of energy to anymore. My sisters are 18 and 20 years younger. My parents divorced when I was 11 and my Dad remarried. After that, I never really saw much of him, so I've never really had much of a relationship with them.

Megan and I ran into my Dad's secretary at Costco; Megan introduced me to her as, "this is my Dad's other daughter."

That's the kind of relationship that I have with them.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:29:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Glad you made it in one piece. :)

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:27:00 AM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Enjoy...enjoy...enjoy!

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:52:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

The other daughter huh?
That is nice.
You are the bomb fucking diggity of a daughter.
God, isn't it weird to have a sister that is a mere 18.
Fucking weird.
Who knew?????

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:13:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

Hey Woo~

Glad you made it safely.

Call us from the road.

Shelly

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

Have a great time. It sounds like you deal really well with the fam sit. Take it for what it is. Congrats on the candy dishes.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 3:34:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

have a great time!!! my grandma has some of those candy dishes kow what ya talken about!!! keep us posted!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 4:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home