Sunday, August 07, 2005

Lucky, yummy surprises

Today I was at my glamorous waitressing job and after my break between shifts I pulled a clean apron off of the stack. (Our aprons are laundered and pressed and provided by the restaurant I work at.)

So, I put on my apron, and walked out to the floor to see where my section was. I greeted a table that was just sat in my section and walked by to pick up a stack of cocktail napkins. As I was placing the cocktail napkins in my apron pocket, I felt something inside of the pocket. What I pulled out was $22.00!!! It was a twenty dollar bill and two one dollar bills that had obviously been laundered and pressed and happen to be in MY apron that I put on.

I was so excited I could barely fucking stand it.

I know that may sound like a silly thing to get excited about; I mean it WAS only $22.00 but I thought of all of the thousands of aprons that the laundry service must launder, dry and press and all of the restaurants that they probably serve, and how I just happened to pick that one with the $22.00 surprise. It was so cool!

After work, which was slow, but the $22.00 helped; I went to pick up the kids from XH. We came home to find a bag on the rocking chair of my front porch. My former LBCG had told me that she left us a surprise there. Guess what it was?

A dozen Krispy Kreme fucking donuts!!!! Woo-Hoo!

After the girls were tucked into bed, I sat on the couch to watch the new television show I TiVo'd that premiered tonight on Showtime called Weeds. It's about a suburban homemaker who is widowed and she starts dealing pot to support herself. Mary-Louise Parker is in it and she is a HOTTY. It was a fabulous show, very funny. It will definitely be "season passed."

I hate THREE Krispy Kreme donuts and watched a cool show.

I had a GREAT night.

I hope that all of you had an equally fun, surprising evening!

17 Comments:

Blogger pack of 2 said...

Hey Woo,
that is a grat day. Congrats to you on your lucky day.
Maybe you should buy a powerball ticket with some of your lucky money...it is at 92 million...you never know...

love you,
shelly

Monday, August 08, 2005 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger pack of 2 said...

PS
I did what you told me to with IM. My name is packof2p (Yahoo)

Now my email is fucked up though. I don't think the two are related but I don't know.

Monday, August 08, 2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

If I found 5 bucks I would have been happy so I know how you feel!!! that was a nice little surprise!!! and krispy creme donuts are the best, addicting!!!

Monday, August 08, 2005 4:15:00 AM  
Blogger Kami said...

That's coooool about the money. Hey, I saw your banner about well behave women, and wanted to share this with you: http://dallasks.blogspot.com . Go get one made! I love reading you...

Monday, August 08, 2005 5:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jessie B said...

wow - what luck!

Monday, August 08, 2005 6:07:00 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is totally a good day. Finding money and ending with donuts and a good show sounds like aces to me. :)

Monday, August 08, 2005 7:22:00 AM  
Blogger SassyFemme said...

Found money AND krispykremes all in the same day? You must be doing something right in the world! Could you buy me a lottery ticket? LOL

Monday, August 08, 2005 7:57:00 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I"m still fixating on the typo: you hate three krispy kreme donuts. They're like that, aren't they? Love them, but hate them at the same time!!!!!

Monday, August 08, 2005 9:21:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Woo: Is it packof2p (is that p suppossed to be there?) Do you e-mail through outlook? What is it doing?

Thanks Kami, I'll check that out.

Girls, yes KK and money in one day IS the shit. I think I will buy a lottery ticket, couldn't hurt. If I win, I'll fly you all to Portland for our own personal blogging conference.

Lelo, OMG, LOL...I totally didn't even see that!!!! I'm leaving it though and pretending that I did it on purpose; like some kind of literary oxymoron or something.

Monday, August 08, 2005 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I came through Kami's because your name was intriguing! Good job with that, by the way! Catchy, catches the fish.

I'm in the middle of finals (returning student) so my laundry is - well, still dirty laundry. In a panic I reached for a pair of slacks to throw on when my son brought his friends inside. Long story short (well, not really short) I found $15 bucks in the pocket.

So yeah, it's not much, but I do understand the warm fuzzy that comes with finding money.

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Ok..you totally crack me up.
You lucky lil' b you.
Glad you enjoyed your donuts and 22 bucks!
You better save your $$ for the trip B!!

Monday, August 08, 2005 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the found $$$! So...3 krispy kremes...did "Weeds" give you the munchies? lol

I love Mary-Louise Parker...too bad I don't get showtime :-\

Monday, August 08, 2005 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger AboutA said...

Speaking of finding things (and your mention of the new show weeds)....your post reminded me of a time I was driving to my parents house from college with a buddy and we were about 5 hours into the trip when I proclaimed, "this trip would be much better if we had a joint to smoke!" I kid you not, 15 minutes later I pulled off to a rest area to pee-pee and right in the doorway to the ladies room was a BAG of pot! As I had hoped, the rest of the trip was MUCH BETTER!

Monday, August 08, 2005 1:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sublime said...

Sounds like you are feeling better! Found money and KK donunts never hurt either.... Glad to hear it!

Monday, August 08, 2005 1:48:00 PM  
Blogger Torrie said...

Now that's a good day!

Monday, August 08, 2005 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Leska McCall said...

So cool about the money. When I was in college, I periodically received unexpected cashola from my grandmother. I had a bad habit of putting cash in my pocket, due to the fact that I never had cash, thus never really had a wallet. One year on the first cold day I pulled out my coat stuck my hands in the pocket and cha-ching! out came a $100 bill, at a time I really needed it....God bless grandmas and unexpected duckets.Hope your good vibes continue all week.

Monday, August 08, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger meelo said...

rsg - i'm smiling from ear to ear. SO glad to hear that you had such a great night. maybe i will have a few of those in the near future.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 2:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home