Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Trip From East to West Pictures

This was Day 3; lunch with my Dad and my sisters. The waitress thought I was the girls mom, and I wanted to hit her, but it was fun hanging out with them.
IMG_1105
My Uncle Tom took this as we were pulling out of the driveway heading out on the road.
IMG_1118
Visiting Little Sister in her very fashionable and very sexy bathrobe. Yes if you look close at her eyes, you will notice, that she is indeed....stoned.
IMG_1129
Beautiful downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
IMG_1130
That big silver, metal horseshoe thing in St. Louis.
IMG_1136
The Waffle House right outside of Kansas City, which is in Missouri. We had lunch and sweet tea here...yummy.
IMG_1138
Welcome to Kansas.
IMG_1144
Nancy, from Clarks Summit, PA who worked at the liquor store in Junction City, Kansas.
IMG_1147
More Kansas. This is what I looked at for SEVEN hours.
IMG_1151
My bro and my cousin on the rocks in Boulder, CO.
IMG_1155
My cousin and I at Trilogy, a club in Boulder.
IMG_1172
Beautiful Colorado and into Wyoming.
IMG_1183
Utah or Wyoming...
IMG_1190
Utah
IMG_1196
Utah and then into Idaho...
IMG_1199
Toady Joe, that sweet girl at her cute house.
IMG_1200
Washington State, as seen across the Columbia River through the Columbia River Basin.
IMG_1220
My beautiful state of Oregon, clouds and all.
IMG_1227
There you have it folks, just a glimpse of the 12 states that I visited in five days of traveling across this fine country of ours.
The 12 states that we visited were:
Pennsylvania
West Virginia
Ohio
Indiana
Illinois
Missouri
Kansas
Colorado
Wyoming
Utah
Idaho
Oregon
That's a lot of states and a lot of different terrain, climate, and weather. All of the people that we met were nice and we had a great time.

With that said, I don't think I want to do that trip anytime again in the near future. I think once every ten years or so will be fine. The last time that I did that trip (1992) was when I moved to Oregon. Wow, things were even different this time. Back then, I didn't worry about cell coverage, or if the hotel had wireless, or if my digital camera battery was charged. I had to rely on maps, not calling my former LBCG to mapquest stuff, and I certainly didn't have wonderful blogging friends to visit, stay with, have lunch with and chat with all along the way.

If I do this trip again in another 12 years, I wonder what will be different then?
Interesting to ponder.

Ciao y'all. I gotta go pack for
CALIFUCKINGFORNIA!!!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, i think i am jealous! i have only been in 5 states, all on the west coast! Someday, I would love to take a trip like that, but with the allowance of more than 12 days!

Cali is waiting for you!

:)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:22:00 PM  
Blogger Kami said...

HAVE FUN!!!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 9:19:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

now I want to go on vacation1!! the pics are beautiful rsg!

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:17:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

too cool!!!

and yes...Cali is waiting for you... :)

peace...

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Very cool pics.
I want me one of them there robes that Lil' Sis has.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know why they call it 'high-rise' living...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger ronmojohny said...

Hi, if you are looking for mapquest road trip planner, this site does a nice job of sorting through all of the choices. mapquest road trip planner

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home