Thursday, April 28, 2005

Glamorous Waitressing Job, Days Two and Three; Daughter left at school

Day Two: Took my first glamorous waitressing test. I'm pretty sure I passed, but between you and me; I cheated a little. See, I'm a perfectionist and I can't stand not having something be 100% right, and all of these people kept coming into the break room asking, "Do you need any help?," and finally I agreed to let them help me on the ingredients of the balsamic vinaigrette, (it's not just balsamic vinegar and oil, don't me a smart ass.) So, I cheated. Just a little.

The rest of the day was fine except that everyone talked to me like I didn't know a fucking thing. I know that's part of training and you have to go through the motions, but half the time I wanted to look at my trainer and say, "I'm not a fucking idiot you know."

Day Three: A little more exciting, I actually got to talk to a customer all by myself, (they thought I might be ready for some words.)

I was a little exasperated on my way to work because XH was picking up DD#3 from kindergarten for me. I was having anxiety that he would forget or that they would get into a terrible car accident and someone would show up at my new glamorous waitressing job to tell me that my daughter was dead.

Well lucky for me, it was the first scenario. He showed up to pick her up a half hour late because he forgot.

She doesn't appear to be showing any signs of long term psychological damage but only time will tell.

If I haven't fucked up my children enough by leaving their father because I'm big dyke, now my baby gets left at kindergarten because her passive aggressive father is somehow trying to punish me for leaving him and needing to get a job which prevents me from picking her up from kindergarten on time. Somewhere in his brain he thinks that if only I wouldn't have left him then things would be as they always were and he wouldn't need to be responsible for picking up our child because I would be home taking care of things like I always did.

So basically, the fact that he forgot to pick her up and she was sitting there in the office while they called around looking for her parents is all my fault BECAUSE I'M A LESBIAN! I just can't fucking win.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches said...

Calm down..! Nothing is your fault. Men are just dickheads like that. He obviously knows how to push your buttons b/c he was married to your ass. Just be calm..all is well in lesbo limbo! Honey, don't torture yourself. My dad told me he was gay 10 years ago and I have watched him go through such hell with himself. Be who you are and be proud. I am and always have been proud of my dad. I am not fucked up b/c of it. It is all GOOD!!!!!

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:07:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks Mrs. Pissy, of course you're right. Always glad to hear from you you fucking nut!

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home